Last Hope for NGCD reprint

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I don't think the money is there. It'd be more profitable for them to just port KB over to the Switch rather than spend time modifying it to run on the NGCD.

To be fair I want it so much that if $10,000 would bank roll a port i'd just pony it up with my own money. I'd be willing to do that with any games wanting to come to cd assuming I'd have complete control over how it was released and how things for the port were handled.

wtf. when did neo geo cd games go up in price. In general. I couldn't get rid of them.

Theyre one of those things where people ask a ton but I dont think they ever actually sell.

Last edited:

edd_jedi

NEST Puppet
Shame, seems bizarre to make such a short second run when they know from experience scalpers are going to pick most of them up.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
It's hard to judge the market. I remember reading an announcement from the first pressing that they weren't even sure they'd sell the 500 copies. I've seen some homebrew on CD sell out quickly, others the author(s) have to let go for almost nothing vs having them sit around in their house. You never know.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Also, it took them years to sell out of the original run.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I think most of the copies sold out now because opportunist look at ebay pricing and assume they'll be able to flip these copies. The joke is most of the copies list have been there longer than a year with no interest at all.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I expect half of the new copies will be on eBay after release, sitting there with a ridiculous price like most Neo CD games.

edd_jedi

NEST Puppet
The vinyl record market is a bit like this. Small labels only do small runs these days, a few hundred copies, and at least half of them are bought by scalpers that just sit on a reseller site for years rather than being played. Very sad.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
The vinyl record market is a bit like this. Small labels only do small runs these days, a few hundred copies, and at least half of them are bought by scalpers that just sit on a reseller site for years rather than being played. Very sad.

As opposed to sitting unplayed on collectors' shelves?

madman

There's a label I follow that did a RSD release last year and said they only pressed 200 copies or some similarly low number. The next day they announced that was a made up number and they had hundreds of copies available in their online store. They did it purely to fuck w/the flippers.

Part of the problem is the market is there. Go on EBay the day after RSD and you'll see records moving for 2-5x retail. Wait 3 months and you can get them shipped for retail price. If you're into a system that has active homebrew, it's best to keep in tune with what's going on. Otherwise you risk losing out due to flippers (and those who sell "at cost").

edd_jedi

NEST Puppet
Well I'd imagine most game/vinyl collectors would play it at least once before it goes on the shelf :)

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
There's a label I follow that did a RSD release last year and said they only pressed 200 copies or some similarly low number. The next day they announced that was a made up number and they had hundreds of copies available in their online store. They did it purely to fuck w/the flippers.

Part of the problem is the market is there. Go on EBay the day after RSD and you'll see records moving for 2-5x retail. Wait 3 months and you can get them shipped for retail price. If you're into a system that has active homebrew, it's best to keep in tune with what's going on. Otherwise you risk losing out due to flippers (and those who sell "at cost").

You might also have to deal with long term flippers that buy and store games for a few years then resell for profit while falsely accusing others of flipping to divert attention from their own activities.

-SD-

Camel Slug
Makes you wonder how many copies of Kraut Buster will immediately appear on eBay when it eventually ships...

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

I love this.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Sadly the only way to deal with scalpers is not to buy from them.

Of course someone always does for whatever reason.

But I always get a warm fuzzy feeling inside when the same item has been listed for months on end finally drops to a sensible price.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
You might also have to deal with long term flippers that buy and store games for a few years then resell for profit while falsely accusing others of flipping to divert attention from their own activities.

I'm sensing some tension here.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
These are already shipping out, cant wait to see those ebay prices within the month.

nio

Cheng's Errand Boy
The cover looks different or is it just missing the spine?

madman

The cover looks different or is it just missing the spine?

They're leftover manuals from the original run. And spine cards for as long as they last.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
They're leftover manuals from the original run. And spine cards for as long as they last.

Happy to say I got a spine card with mine :D

Nio, Its still the same cover, If you are referring to the pic I took and put in the purchase thread the spine card is inside the case.

As a matter of interest I just had a look on the bad, Still copies on there for £300+ :o

Last edited: