Nor Cal Fires...again

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Last year, the town of Santa Rosa
This year, the town of Paradise

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sf...Paradise-before-and-after-photos-13378605.php

Check out the link for before and after photos. Going on day 6 of being stuck inside from the smoke, but at least i have a home to be inside of. Could be worse.

As of Monday morning...113,000 acres, 29 dead, 25% contained. I'm like 2-3 hours away, and because of the wind direction and smoke, all schools in my county are closed again tomorrow.

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Oh man, hold tight. We had prolonged droughts this year, which were quite devastating for the agriculture, but such fires as you are experiencing now are indeed a disaster. Hope you and your neighbors will be good NGT.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
What is it with California and wildfires? This has been happening since I was a kid, surely smart people figured out a solution by now.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
What is it with California and wildfires? This has been happening since I was a kid, surely smart people figured out a solution by now.

Eucalyptus trees dude, they excrete a highly flammable oil. They're all over Cali.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Eucalyptus trees dude, they excrete a highly flammable oil. They're all over Cali.

And in Australia hence why we also tend to have huge wildfires in the summer time and again it's mostly arsonists. :(

Hang in NGT! well until you actually need to leave that is.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
A highly flammable oil assholes love to set fire to. Yeah, we have fires every year, and more often than not, they are traced back to someone having started them.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
A highly flammable oil assholes love to set fire to. Yeah, we have fires every year, and more often than not, they are traced back to someone having started them.

I try to imagine what type of person would do this, what's going on through their minds, but I can't. Psychopaths?

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
3feeb6c6dd76ff82639356c5a0bdfddf.jpg

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Update, 42 dead, hundreds missing, 6500 homes burned.

Air quality 2-3 hours away from the fire: 188

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
And in Australia hence why we also tend to have huge wildfires in the summer time and again it's mostly arsonists. :(

You could always move here, but we don't have Vic Bitter- that might be a dealbreaker.

At the risk of sounding like a bad pun, you guys need to go on a witch hunt for these arsonists. Go all Salem witch trial and burn them at the stake.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Perhaps a different method of execution would be safer. I always thought we should bring back the guillotine.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
You could always move here, but we don't have Vic Bitter- that might be a dealbreaker.

At the risk of sounding like a bad pun, you guys need to go on a witch hunt for these arsonists. Go all Salem witch trial and burn them at the stake.
Why so defensive? Do you have something to hide?

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
the arsonist are probably paid by the insurance companies...

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I thought it was caused by a camp fire