Lost a friend yesterday

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Thanks again all, if anything positive can come from this it’s brought me back in contact with a lot of people I knew and hung out with years ago.

Time heals wounds.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I' am really sorry to hear it...While no on experience like this is comparable to another, I have had losses of friends due to alcohol/drug abuse in my life and if you want to chat about it I'm all ears man

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Really sorry to hear that man. My condolences to you and his family.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Thanks again all, if anything positive can come from this it’s brought me back in contact with a lot of people I knew and hung out with years ago.

Time heals wounds.
My condolences. Healing? The pain remains, but you can cope better with it over time.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I' am really sorry to hear it...While no on experience like this is comparable to another, I have had losses of friends due to alcohol/drug abuse in my life and if you want to chat about it I'm all ears man

Thanks mate I appreciate that. I think I’ll feel better after the funeral next week.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
Sorry to hear about your loss, it means a good amount to many of us here to share your grief and remembrance of him! :crying:

One of my high school buddies passed away early yesterday, he was in treatment for chronic alcohol abuse as well. Only 33 years old and I feel like he was just shy of overcoming it all.

The ending scene in Stand By Me will replay over and over again in my head, where the figure of River Phoenix fades away in passing. I would have given my life any day to save his, but there is never any choice in the matter, is there?

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Sorry I'm late to the party on this one but my condolences as well. Substance abuse is no fucking joke. Lost a couple of people in my life to the drink and I have a close friend who really needs an intervention but it's so difficult when they're not ready.

We all like to have a good time and tip back a few too many from time to time but people who do it to self-medicate are slowly poisoning themselves to death. It's incredibly sad.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Hey oldschool and 100proof, thanks for sharing. It does make a difference to air our grievances, especially when it’s relatable. Alcohol addiction is serious. I lost my father to it and my uncle. My grandfather and my mother have had their issues so I feel it’s ingrained in my biological makeup to have tendencies towards addiction. I’ve been very self aware of it for a number of years and having a family of my own has really helped me get some stability, but it’s always there in the back of my mind. I’m glad people in my life told me to wake up but it’s only that I was ready to make a change that I listened to their advice (which was harsh). Unfortunately that sort of talk can just push people further away and make them worse. What do you do...?

Last edited: