Anybody else have any 2DS/3DS troubles with the time change?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I just assumed that my 2DS would auto-change for daylight savings time, but, it didn't, and I didn't notice until this morning, so, I was late, but I set it back an hour. Well, I booted up Pokémon Rumble World and instantly got teleported to an audience with the king who gave me a lecture about "not changing the time unless I absolutely have to". Fuck him, he can sit on his pointy crown. I didn't get any free Mii visits today because of that, and likewise, all of the hot air balloons (which you use to visit various Pokémon habitats) that I used yesterday had their cool-down timers set back to spent, even though they should have all been refueled and ready to go again. I'm sure everything will be back to normal again tomorrow, but, it's annoying to be unfairly punished for changing the clock to the correct time.

Then I booted up Pokémon Shuffle, and got a notice that, because I changed my system settings, the special stages were now off limits to me until I checked in online, which I did, and, thankfully, that instantly fixed things and everything is okay in that game.

Both of said games have optional pay-to-play features, and time-based incentives, so, I can understand why Nintendo doesn't want you fucking around with the system's internal clock & date, but, c'mon, it was only one measly hour! Oddly, Nintendo Badge Arcade did not give a shit that I changed the time and functioned exactly like it always does.

I know some people cheat at DS games by messing with the time and calendar, but I never do that, except for one time, on the original DS, when I wanted to unlock Santa Claus in LEGO Indiana Jones, and you can only do that on Christmas Day, and I sure wasn't going to wait months to do that, since I bought the game in the summer.

Anybody have similar problems on their handheld or a consoles/PC?