Did You Vote?

Did you vote?

• No, and I'm an American with voting rights.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, because I'm an incarcerated American.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
We got to choose between "operational but it's got some issues" or "nazis". It looks like we're going to end up with nazis. Did you vote?

EDIT:
The site crashed when I submitted the thread. It was supposed to have a poll, which I've added in.

Last edited:

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
I'm immune to being surprised at this point. (Yes, I voted. I do every time.)

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
NBCs coverage is so terrible. They can't let anyone finish a fucking sentence because they need to step in to call the race of whatever at 7:03:30 instead of 7:03:45.

So we're left with a panel of 5 people, being moderated by no one, with no direction of conversation, just bumbling through half sentences while someone jumps in every 5 seconds to make sure they call a race first.

And the fucking smartboards, god.

Fakesound...Looks like Mass has ballot access issues, why no Libertarian or Green candidates?

SpamYouToDeath

15 Year Member
The geographic sorting seems to continue. From what FiveThirtyEight says, it looks like the Dems are increasing their lead in urban and suburban areas, while rural areas go harder for the GOP.

I wonder what the end-game is in this process.

lithy

20 Year Member

lol, sounds like a party failure more than amazing party driven sabotage.

Even if the party didn't get the official go ahead until the last day for candidates to register, don't you think they should have had vetted candidates before that same day? Sending an email blast was just asking for shenanigans. Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: green party candidate needed ASAP!

Shit, I might have signed up if I had gotten the message.

SpamYouToDeath

15 Year Member

Even if the party didn't get the official go ahead until the last day for candidates to register, don't you think they should have had vetted candidates before that same day? Sending an email blast was just asking for shenanigans. Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: green party candidate needed ASAP!

When I was in college, my roommate registered with the "modern whig" party. The party actually called him the next day and asked if he wanted to run the state campaigns, because he was the only voter in the state who registered with them. Third-party politics is weird.

lithy

20 Year Member
I noticed Green and Lib candidates on my ballot. Were some left off?

Maybe it just had to do with the sample ballot I looked at but it only ID'd some candidates as Democrat, Republican, or Independent.

lithy

20 Year Member
Staying up to hear Pelosi say "Let's hear it more for preexisting conditions!" almost made it all worth it.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
By the way who was there for 538's real time projection attempting to murder everyone via heart attack.

DrXxT9UWwAA55g1.jpeg

Last edited:

SpamYouToDeath

15 Year Member
By the way who was there for 538's real time projection attempting to murder everyone via heart attack.

It was pretty crazy. They actually started tuning it in real-time to make it less volatile.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Narrow Dem losses in Florida but passing Amendment 4 could prove to be extremely important in future local, state and national elections. Over a million former felons just had their voting rights restored. For the last few years, they had to go beg for clemency from Rick Scott. Look it up... it was a fucking disgrace to justice.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
There was a story on last week tonight about the Florida felon voting. Being in Illinois. I hope something gets done with the budget. All Rauner ever seem to do was veto every dem legislation.

Marek

Banned

ralph-nader-9419799-1-402.jpg

lithy pls

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
My observations:
- only one of the guys running for governor promised to use blockchain
- there were no NSDAP members on the ballot.
- Most of the ads I heard from people running where not names that appeared on the ballot.
- There was a column that said "pick one" and showed 8 options with the same person on each. (there's one person running, of these, pick one)
- There was a column that said "pick two" and showed 12 options for only two people. (there's two people running, of these, pick two)
- A guy who is out on bail for corruption won the House of Representatives election.
- The guy who lost that election conceded 2 hours after the polls closed (which would have been like 10% reporting at the most by then) and then later demanded a recount.
- The rep for the board of elections said they do a recount on all races anyways, no matter the margin of victory and won't be doing an additional one just because they were asked to.

EDIT:
- the poll workers let me try to put the ballot into the wrong machine twice without noticing it.
- One guy evidently only went to vote to get a "I voted sticker" and was sad when he was told they didn't have any.

Last edited: