Neo Geo CDZ Replacement CD Assembly

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Normally cdz reading issues have to do with assembly height issues. Push the whole drive up or down and test accordingly.

Also test this with the lid off to make sure your disk is spinning smoothly.

Last edited:

8BitNation

n00b
Yes i have just tried and i have discovered more problems. Whenever the laser goes up it clicks i look at what’s causing that and it’s more damaged spikes. That spiked disc from the botton that moves the laser up and down is badly damaged. The only way to fix that is to replace the discs or replace the whole assemble. This drive is screwed.

Last edited:

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Yes i have just tried and i have discovered more problems. Whenever the laser goes up it clicks i look at what’s causing that and it’s more damaged spikes. That spiked disc from the botton that moves the laser up and down is badly damaged. The only way to fix that is to replace the discs or replace the whole assemble. This drive is screwed.

Pull the whole laser off the 3 sliding polls. Grease them and then just push it down back in place until the laser operates without clicking.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Ok i'll try that.

You should do this with the lid off and tape the drive lid button so the disk spins or hold it. That way you can keep adjusting over and over awhile its easiest. Also I cant remember how many polls the assembly is on because it's been so long but I have fixed 2 of these now.

8BitNation

n00b
Doesn’t make a difference the teeth on those gears are way too damaged and i’m not frying this new official Sharp Laser by constantly adjusting it unless you can give me a number to set the laser to as i have a multimeter. So i have ordered a new assembly from this site https://www.yoycart.com/Product/556786907340/ I just searched Sharp H8151AF on Google Images and found this for a good price. Hopefully it works.

Last edited: