Analogues’ next system following the Mega SG?

Choose wisely.

• Total voters

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
I’m more interested in Neural Tech’s next thread about Analogue’s next system following this thread...

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Kevtris mentioned the N64 was out of the question, it wouldnt be worth producing anyway for all 3 good games in its library.

I'd say the PCEngine is a good possibility, I would've said a more modular system that could play games from different consoles. But at the rate the MiSTer is gaining popularity, I dont think there will be much room in the market.

Neural Tech

Banned
Kevtris mentioned the N64 was out of the question, it wouldnt be worth producing anyway for all 3 good games in its library.

I'd say the PCEngine is a good possibility, I would've said a more modular system that could play games from different consoles. But at the rate the MiSTer is gaining popularity, I dont think there will be much room in the market.

Why did he say it’s out of the question?

Jumpingmanjim

Cheng's Errand Boy
Kevtris said he gave up trying to add PC Engine support to the Analogue NT Mini because the PC Engine community was so nasty to him, which makes sense lol. As for what they will make next, I suppose a cheaper NES FPGA in a plastic case could be an option.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Probably a more affordable NES FPGA. One that just plays straight NES games without the extra features of the NT mini. Possible they do game boy? They could really make the ultimate game boy that has like a nice screen, video out, and is just jammed packed with features.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
It will be a fully grown man with a cartridge sticking up from his arse.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Sod the community, it should be the pce. The reliability of existing units is getting piss poor. In the perfect world, an all in one system would be great instead of having to pony up the cash for each console individually.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Kevtris said he gave up trying to add PC Engine support to the Analogue NT Mini because the PC Engine community was so nasty to him, which makes sense lol. As for what they will make next, I suppose a cheaper NES FPGA in a plastic case could be an option.

Yep. $200 FPGA NES is most likely IMO.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Just buy a Gameboy Player you raging hipster

To be fair, Super Game Boy runs faster than it's supposed to. So playing a Super Game Boy on the Analogue SNES wouldn't be ideal.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
To be fair, Super Game Boy runs faster than it's supposed to. So playing a Super Game Boy on the Analogue SNES wouldn't be ideal.

To be fair, Super Game Boy doesn't play GBA games. The Gameboy Player does.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi

Super gameboy is for pre-color games only. And i have a super gameboy 2 already so it doesnt matter...

Anyway the gameboy player needs homebrew software to bring out its full potential. The stock startup disc has filtering applied and input lag etc... there’s definitely room on the market for an analogue interactive gameboy advance console in my opinion... All other methods of playing GBA games on a HDTV are rather clunky...

OR one could buy a wideboy 64 AGB if they had $2000 to spare. Those have their own issues though, the least of which is lack of digital video output.. it suffers from dithering and sound problems and framerate weirdness...