Floyd Mayweather to fight Japanese kickboxer/MMA phenom Tenshin Nasukawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I know its hard to comprehend more than 2 words at a time, but if you could, you might learn something.

Floyd better.

Fighters greedy.

You simpleton.

Points made.

Two words.

StevenK

10 Year Member
Wow, thank you for your insight, and once again hijacking this thread after I post some news relevant to it.

You're dismissing insight with ridiculous analogies.

I don't see how you don't get it, Floyd is pound for pound potentially the greatest boxer to ever pull on gloves. We could throw in names for ever if we were going to have that argument, and no fucking way would we get to the point where we said yeah but maybe Nasukawa is the best boxer of all time, or maybe that is the point you want to make? Is it?

Because your other point, that we don't see baseballers defecting to golf because it pays better, is fucking stupid. If you think it's not fucking stupid, if you think it's something genuinely worth discussing, please offer the name of a baseballer who you think might secretly be the worlds best golfer, precisely like you have for boxing.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Floyd can't possibly be running out of money so what's up with these weird choices. Probably boredom but I'll be damned if I watch this trash.

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Floyd can't possibly be running out of money so what's up with these weird choices. Probably boredom but I'll be damned if I watch this trash.
He can, odd as that seems. Before his "fight" against Conor, Floyd owed a ton of taxes to the IRS, and he told them he couldn't afford to pay until his check for the fight came in. Guy spends unreal amounts of money.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
He's planning to fight Manny Pacquiao at Tokyo Dome some time next year, so for him this is just a way to get his name out there in Japan. And for Rizin it is much needed publicity.

He can, odd as that seems. Before his "fight" against Conor, Floyd owed a ton of taxes to the IRS, and he told them he couldn't afford to pay until his check for the fight came in. Guy spends unreal amounts of money.
Floyd spends crazy money but he's nowhere near broke. He gets tens of millions of dollars for every public appearance he makes; that's what he thought this whole Rizin deal was to begin with. He thought he was just going to go to Japan, give a talk to the Rizin fighters, and do a quick exhibition against Nasukawa for them. But when he got there they took him right off the plane and to the press conference, which is why he originally backed out.

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug
Tenshin is 28-0 now after winning by brutal first round knockout a couple days ago.

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug

"I love the city of Japan, the country of Tokyo and the planet of RIZIN." - Floyd Mayweather Jr.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Well, it happened.

Floyd walked around the ring laughing, collecting 3 knockdowns on his way to a first round TKO win.

Tenshin isn't used to getting hit by a boxer, let alone one so much bigger. I don't think it would have made a difference if they let the kid throw kicks or even go for takedowns. Floyd literally could have knocked him out with a single punch at any point .Floyd didn't even train for the fight.

famicommander

15 Year Member
DvwTMn4WwAEzBLz.jpg

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Took about 12 minutes to simply get in the ring and start the match, LOL

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Fixed or naw? I've seen decent arguments both ways, and I'm leaning toward not being fixed, but it's RIZIN, which is the descendant of PRIDE, so, well, yeah.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Kid could have brought a samurai sword and Mayweather would have slip that Ougi Kogetsu Zan and counter KO. Mayweather is just too good.

The more impressive part is that he earned almost $100million overall for the fight.

StevenK

10 Year Member
Bet he's got a sweet driving rig too.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Fixed or naw? I've seen decent arguments both ways, and I'm leaning toward not being fixed, but it's RIZIN, which is the descendant of PRIDE, so, well, yeah.

Of course not. Why would they need to fix this fight? The result was what anyone who knows anything about boxing should have expected.

Weight classes exist for a reason and kickboxers stick to kickboxing for a reason.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
If it were fixed it might have appeared more competitive. Mayweather was just playing with the guy, he gets more of a workout from his sparring partners.

famicommander

15 Year Member
If it were fixed it might have appeared more competitive. Mayweather was just playing with the guy, he gets more of a workout from his sparring partners.

Correct.

Tenshin was fucking crying after the fight. He actually thought he could win.

This is how the McGregor fight would have gone too if Floyd weren't in the business of selling PPVs. No PPV this time and he wasted him in round one.

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug
I can't believe Floyd showed up. I hope Rizin get the ratings they want cause they Yuji Nagata'd the poor kid.
Mayweather remains UNDEFEATED VS DEBUTING BOXERS.

Status
Not open for further replies.