Floyd Mayweather to fight Japanese kickboxer/MMA phenom Tenshin Nasukawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug
You forget - his dad was an amateur boxer, he knows this shit.

My dad was an amateur chef. Lets talk michelin star dining bitch.

Yeah your right, I do.

Maybe you can cook something for me while I watch my fights.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
When K-1 was in its heyday the winner got $400,000 or $500,000 plus paid for every fight of the tournament. When Masato was king, they built the whole K-1 Max promotion around him and i'm sure he was getting well over a million a fight the draw he was. But top boxers make way more then any other fighters, at least for the time being.

As for MMA I only know payouts from the U.S. When Japan was booming they never released to the public the payouts, but fighters always said they payed well.

Canelo is a top guy, of course he is getting that kind of money. But your average boxer don't make nothing special.

Of course a young phenom in Tenshin could beat a 41 year old well past his prime Mayweather, all odds are overwhelmingly with Mayweather, but a fight is a fight, and anything can happen, that's why we watch.

K1 is financially crippled and has largely been replaced by Glory, Kunlun and to a lesser extent Bellator Kickboxing.

And no, Tenshin could not beat Floyd Mayweather.

Hell, Tenshin could probably bank 10 million if he fought Amir Khan, who is several orders of magnitude worse than any version of Floyd. And if they fought, Khan would box fucking circles around Tenshin, even with his glass jaw.

"The absolute top guys in a kickboxing promotion that is essentially bankrupt used to make comparable money to basic cable B side boxers"
"I'm sure undefined fighters working for undefined Japanese promotions 20 years ago when MMA was significantly less popular got paid bank"

Your "average" boxer may not make boatloads of cash. But an elite boxer makes more than any other athlete in the world. Conor McGregor is a household name in MMA but he makes about the same per fight as Dillian fucking Whyte, and ain't nobody who isn't a hardcore sports fan knows who Dilian Whyte is.

A main event boxer makes more than a main event MMA or kickboxer.
A mid level boxer makes way more than a midlevel MMA or kickboxer.
A journeyman boxer makes way more than a midlevel MMA or kickboxer.

It really doesn't get any more simple than this:
If Tenshin could beat a great boxer, he'd do it. He'd do it because a single fight against even a semi-famous boxer will make him more money than his entire kickboxing and MMA career combined so far.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Maybe it will be good since your an amateur cook.
sportstalk!: you lose when you assume that because his dad was... Or maybe when suggesting someone feces would be tasty?

SPORTS!

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug
K1 is financially crippled and has largely been replaced by Glory, Kunlun and to a lesser extent Bellator Kickboxing.

And no, Tenshin could not beat Floyd Mayweather.

Hell, Tenshin could probably bank 10 million if he fought Amir Khan, who is several orders of magnitude worse than any version of Floyd. And if they fought, Khan would box fucking circles around Tenshin, even with his glass jaw.

"The absolute top guys in a kickboxing promotion that is essentially bankrupt used to make comparable money to basic cable B side boxers"
"I'm sure undefined fighters working for undefined Japanese promotions 20 years ago when MMA was significantly less popular got paid bank"

Your "average" boxer may not make boatloads of cash. But an elite boxer makes more than any other athlete in the world. Conor McGregor is a household name in MMA but he makes about the same per fight as Dillian fucking Whyte, and ain't nobody who isn't a hardcore sports fan knows who Dilian Whyte is.

A main event boxer makes more than a main event MMA or kickboxer.
A mid level boxer makes way more than a midlevel MMA or kickboxer.
A journeyman boxer makes way more than a midlevel MMA or kickboxer.

It really doesn't get any more simple than this:
If Tenshin could beat a great boxer, he'd do it. He'd do it because a single fight against even a semi-famous boxer will make him more money than his entire kickboxing and MMA career combined so far.

I don't know if you just googled K-1 for the first time, but I said, "when it was in its heyday". Did i say currently? All fighting in Japan from kickboxing to MMA to pro wrestling is all but dead.

You have no idea how popular Kakutougi was in Japan in its day, I think something like 35 million people watched Kid vs Masato on tv. The U.S hasn't come close to that.

I'm not sure how you deflected this conversation into a argument about fighter pay, but I literally could give two fucks what anybody makes at anything, Baseball, Soccer, Golf, whatever, who gives a shit.

Bottom line Mayweather accepted a fight with a teenager who looks like he's from a boy band, that he outweighs by 20 pounds and then ran. And I find it hilarious, that is all. I hope the saga continues.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
24-0-0-0 against world champion boxers
26-0-0-0 in world title fights
5 weight class world champion (super feather, light, super light, welter, super welter)
4 weight class lineal champion

What is his record against women?

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Anything other than boxing, Floyd will lose. Anything.
'

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I dunno, I hear he plays a mean game of Hungry Hungry Hippos.

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug
Anything other than boxing, Floyd will lose. Anything.
'

According to the leaked rules it was just boxing. I think Floyd was scared he would get knocked out by this kid in a boxing match and said fuck this.

Floyd saw some videos of Tenshin and thought...
tumblr_li4e09Mdbh1qaqps8o1_500.gif

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I'm not sure how you deflected this conversation into a argument about fighter pay, but I literally could give two fucks what anybody makes at anything, Baseball, Soccer, Golf, whatever, who gives a shit.
It's amazing how you can't follow the very simple thread of conversation. It's not about you caring how much anyone makes. The fighters care. A lot. The point was that if a fighter could do that thing that would earn them infinitely more money, they'd do it.

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug
It's amazing how you can't follow the very simple thread of conversation. It's not about you caring how much anyone makes. The fighters care. A lot. The point was that if a fighter could do that thing that would earn them infinitely more money, they'd do it.

Waaahhh I only make $50,000 a fight instead of 100,000,000. Get a grip.

Maybe they don't want the insane more amount of brain damage they will receive being a boxer. This is such a stupid argument, its like saying why doesn't a hockey player just play golf, because golfers make way more money?

Modern Boxing has been around for well over a hundred years, kickboxing is not even close to that and MMA even less. Boxing has had so much more time to grow and evolve to what it is, those other sports need time to catch up. Baseball players didn't make fuck all, but they kept doing it cause they loved it and look where it is today.

Again this thread was not about what fighters are paid, it was about a fight.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
lmbo WHOOSH

you probably took too many kicks to the head

edit:
again, "Waaahhh I only make $50,000 a fight instead of 100,000,000. Get a grip."

lmbo

Last edited:

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
sportstalk!: you lose when you assume that because his dad was... Or maybe when suggesting someone feces would be tasty?

SPORTS!
So shutup poo nibbler.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Waaahhh I only make $50,000 a fight instead of 100,000,000. Get a grip.

Maybe they don't want the insane more amount of brain damage they will receive being a boxer.
The fight game is about making as much money as you can and getting out before you take too much head trauma.

This is such a stupid argument, its like saying why doesn't a hockey player just play golf, because golfers make way more money?
No, what's stupid is this brainless analogy.

Again this thread was not about what fighters are paid, it was about a fight.
I guess you are just too dumb to see the connection between the two. And too dumb not to draw attention to the fact you're the only one who can't. And your lack of short term memory must prevent you from recalling what fight this thread was about, or even you couldn't be so stupid as to go down this line of conversation.

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug
The fight game is about making as much money as you can and getting out before you take too much head trauma.

No, what's stupid is this brainless analogy.

I guess you are just too dumb to see the connection between the two. And too dumb not to draw attention to the fact you're the only one who can't. And your lack of short term memory must prevent you from recalling what fight this thread was about, or even you couldn't be so stupid as to go down this line of conversation.

I know the analogy might be a little hard to understand for you, but keep at it, you'll get it someday.

I do have trouble remembering things I don't care about though, you're right about that.

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug
Back on topic.

Apparently Rizin claim's they are still in negotiations with Mayweather, and sent Sato Daisuke(Who produces Rizin and formerly PRIDE's VTR's) to the U.S.

They said they will make an announcement in a week or so about the situation.

I wonder what Sakikabara and Takada will have to say about this whole debacle.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Back on topic.

Apparently Rizin claim's they are still in negotiations with Mayweather, and sent Sato Daisuke(Who produces Rizin and formerly PRIDE's VTR's) to the U.S.

They said they will make an announcement in a week or so about the situation.

I wonder what Sakikabara and Takada will have to say about this whole debacle.

I'm sure whatever they say they'll validate it with what their dads did for a hobby.

StevenK

10 Year Member
Took a while for you to come up with that one. Nice one though, sick burn bro.

It was pretty quick relative to waiting for you to put together your first coherent point in this thread.

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug
It was pretty quick relative to waiting for you to put together your first coherent point in this thread.

I'm still waiting to see your first post relevant to this fight besides the brilliant, "sideshow Floyd" comment right out of the gate.

StevenK

10 Year Member
I'm still waiting to see your first post relevant to this fight besides the brilliant, "sideshow Floyd" comment right out of the gate.

And yet with 2 words I've made more sense than you have in a hundred.

Status
Not open for further replies.