Collectard Thread: What Game Cases Do You Use?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Let's see em.

I used to use Universal Game Cases for my NES, SNES, and loose Genesis games. I printed my own case art but the cases were either different widths, or just didnt close right with a manual.

Now all my stuff is just loose, with a box to hold manuals and such. I was browsing instagram and saw people still use Stoneagegamer's Bitbox series as well as customgamecases. Both have their pros and cons, but they;re also ridiculously expensive.

If you use cases, what do you use? Pics preferred. Let those games shine in full collectard-ness

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
I really like the Stone Age Gamer Bitbox cases. I think they look a lot better than the Universal Game Cases.

And Shockboxes for the Neo Geo stuff of course!

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
i use the free post office boxes for my arcade pcbs.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Shock boxes. Everything else is original case. The only loose carts I have are SNES carts and those have dust covers.

In hindsight, it might have been better to use basic sleeves for MVS games. Shock boxes take up too much space.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
i use the free post office boxes for my arcade pcbs.

I use to use those priority mail medium flat rate boxes as well when I collected arcade boards. So damn expensive couldn't afford anything else.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I really like the Stone Age Gamer Bitbox cases. I think they look a lot better than the Universal Game Cases.

And Shockboxes for the Neo Geo stuff of course!

Are the bitboxes as durable as shocks? Also did you opt for the document straps and is it worth it?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I used to do the case thing but eventually decided it takes up too much damn room. Now I just put original boxes up in the attic and keep the carts neatly stacked it in a plastic storage bin for easy access.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I don't have any loose carts outside of two Gameboy games, but I do buy acrylic box protectors for each game.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Absolutely nothing.
I guess I don't give this stuff the same value as others.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Shockboxes are the only ones. Everything else is original or is just loose unless you count the sleeves that come on NES games. Most my Genesis and master system games have their original cases.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Useless trash that takes up even more space. The only UGC cases I own were included by the seller on things like loose N64 games. I'm even getting rid of shockboxes, they needlessly take up room.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I don't have any game cases. I have that drawer thing for SNES carts, and Genesis/FC carts go into the cassette rack. Any other loose carts just go into a giant box. Loose N64 carts are the devil and they are not allowed to cross my threshold.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
All my stuff is loose and just stacked on the shelf unless I bought it new, in which case it's in the box it came with stacked on the shelf.

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Are the bitboxes as durable as shocks? Also did you opt for the document straps and is it worth it?

Yes, the BitBoxes are quite similar to the Shockboxes overall-similar design, only smaller. And yes, I went with document straps, and they work great as long as the game manual isn’t too thick.

For my arcade boards, I get these anti-static boxes from Protektive-Pak, and print my own labels for them.

422ADDC9-FAE0-418C-B721-731A59DD5513.jpeg
58C348E4-597D-4817-9B0A-DC44FC6630C7.jpeg