Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neo Geo AES repair HELP!

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Yes PCBs are much more robust than people think, it's common to use lemon juice to clean up battery corrosion etc, as above the key is proper cleaning afterwards and then fully drying.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by edd_jedi View Post
    Yes PCBs are much more robust than people think, it's common to use lemon juice to clean up battery corrosion etc, as above the key is proper cleaning afterwards and then fully drying.
    Just no Sonic toothbrushes... that would be bad.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

OK all cleaned up and working... for a minute. I had a cart in and I got a RAM error message. Upon restarting all I have is a green screen.
    Sounds like I need some professional help.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Actually the screen is blue. I had a loose component connection on my green. Re-soldered that and it's just booting to a blue screen with or without a cartridge. I will try a different game when I get home.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Tried different carts and nothing worked. Still just a blue screen as if not detecting cartridge.

Time to look for a professional...

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Resurrecting this thread as life derails you sometimes.

My Neo has been on the shelf for a while and definitely needs some TLC (clean solder work which I suck at) to bring this thing back to life.
    I just got a RetroTink2X and would love to hook this AES up component to my big screen tv.

I've reached out to who I could find online but am asking the community if there is anyone here willing to take a look at this and do some work to bring it back to life 100%?

Thanks
    Arn

Cholecystectomy Required.

Quote Originally Posted by acampero View Post
    Resurrecting this thread as life derails you sometimes.

My Neo has been on the shelf for a while and definitely needs some TLC (clean solder work which I suck at) to bring this thing back to life.
    I just got a RetroTink2X and would love to hook this AES up component to my big screen tv.

I've reached out to who I could find online but am asking the community if there is anyone here willing to take a look at this and do some work to bring it back to life 100%?

Thanks
    Arn
    Depends on what's wrong with it. I don't know if James (Xian Xi here) is still taking some. If it's a simpler fix, more members can fix it
    "I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul."
    Switch FC 0965 2531 6217

Quote Originally Posted by ObeyMyEgo View Post
    ggallegos1 Is a cock sucking faggot. That is all.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Thanks ggallegos1,

I believe it's connection on the component side of my mod. When I take the Y (green) connection and ever so slightly move it it starts to garble the video. So hopefully it should be a simple fix?

Game boots and plays with audio, just bad video signal. Original AV output works.

thanks
    Arn

Thread Information