Neo Geo AES repair HELP!

edd_jedi

NEST Puppet
Yes PCBs are much more robust than people think, it's common to use lemon juice to clean up battery corrosion etc, as above the key is proper cleaning afterwards and then fully drying.

Kujako

Quiz Detective
Yes PCBs are much more robust than people think, it's common to use lemon juice to clean up battery corrosion etc, as above the key is proper cleaning afterwards and then fully drying.

Just no Sonic toothbrushes... that would be bad.

acampero

Quiz Detective
OK all cleaned up and working... for a minute. I had a cart in and I got a RAM error message. Upon restarting all I have is a green screen.
Sounds like I need some professional help.

acampero

Quiz Detective
Actually the screen is blue. I had a loose component connection on my green. Re-soldered that and it's just booting to a blue screen with or without a cartridge. I will try a different game when I get home.

acampero

Quiz Detective
Tried different carts and nothing worked. Still just a blue screen as if not detecting cartridge.

Time to look for a professional...

acampero

Quiz Detective
Resurrecting this thread as life derails you sometimes.

My Neo has been on the shelf for a while and definitely needs some TLC (clean solder work which I suck at) to bring this thing back to life.
I just got a RetroTink2X and would love to hook this AES up component to my big screen tv.

I've reached out to who I could find online but am asking the community if there is anyone here willing to take a look at this and do some work to bring it back to life 100%?

Thanks
Arn

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Resurrecting this thread as life derails you sometimes.

My Neo has been on the shelf for a while and definitely needs some TLC (clean solder work which I suck at) to bring this thing back to life.
I just got a RetroTink2X and would love to hook this AES up component to my big screen tv.

I've reached out to who I could find online but am asking the community if there is anyone here willing to take a look at this and do some work to bring it back to life 100%?

Thanks
Arn
Depends on what's wrong with it. I don't know if James (Xian Xi here) is still taking some. If it's a simpler fix, more members can fix it

acampero

Quiz Detective
Thanks ggallegos1,

I believe it's connection on the component side of my mod. When I take the Y (green) connection and ever so slightly move it it starts to garble the video. So hopefully it should be a simple fix?

Game boots and plays with audio, just bad video signal. Original AV output works.

thanks
Arn