Raymond Chow... RIP Kung Fu Dude...

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Lived a long life. A true legend indeed.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
so much of my childhood was spent watching Saturday late night kung fu movies. Thanks for the memories. RIP.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i know him by name but can't remember what he did. but may he rest in peace.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
A corner stone of HK cinema gone, the films remain. Somehow that's how it should be. RIP Mr. Chow!

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member

Kung fu dude contributed so much to my fav movie genre.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
best bruce lee movie is way of the dragon.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
best bruce lee movie is way of the dragon.

good choice. they're all good. only been a few years since i watched game of death with the full footage of bruce lee. it's about 40 minutes long and has no story. it just starts when bruce lee enter the tower and starts his first fight. it was amazing.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Bruce lee twitter: “Our condolences go out to Raymond Chow’s family. Thank you Raymond for taking a chance on a young Bruce Lee and helping him to realize his dream. Rest in peace, Raymond.”

Raymond Chow: “Shénme?”

Naika

Street Hoop Star
good choice. they're all good. only been a few years since i watched game of death with the full footage of bruce lee. it's about 40 minutes long and has no story. it just starts when bruce lee enter the tower and starts his first fight. it was amazing.

Loved Way of the Dragon (my fave too). But I can see the appeal of the Big Boss (immigrant working class story about dude who stands up to his asshole boss and stabs his ribs with his hands).

Raymond Chow is a legend. Man, some of my favorite films were Golden Harvest flicks produced by him.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I grew up watching Golden Harvest films...

My Dad once took me to the cinema to watch a trilogy of Cheesey Kung Fu films...

I remember the grainy picture... the heroes fighting hundreds of people... running through buildings... and randomly killing a baddie...

The scripts were terrible...

YOU KILL my village! I kill... YOU!
YOU HURT my dog... I wipe out your criminal gang...
YOU KILL my master... I will rape you in the park... Monkey in Eagle Style...

Great times man...

xROTx

PS. Bruce Lee brought a kind of dynamism that hadn't been seen before... a true pioneer of Kick Assery!

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I didn't like any of Bruce Lee's films other than Enter the Dragon. Would rather watch Shaw Brothers stuff than Lee's HK output.

That being said, Raymond Chow was a fucking legend. When you saw that Golden Harvest intro, hopes were high for a good time :)

Ip Man

15 Year Member
Loved Way of the Dragon (my fave too). But I can see the appeal of the Big Boss (immigrant working class story about dude who stands up to his asshole boss and stabs his ribs with his hands).

Raymond Chow is a legend. Man, some of my favorite films were Golden Harvest flicks produced by him.

i actually just like the flow of the movie and how well it's done. the whole unpolished look gives it a charm and atmosphere.