Would you play rereleased NGPC titles on the switch?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
If they were cheap or bundled together in a collection, sure. I still play MotM and Metal Slug by emulation on the TV sometimes.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Just get the roms. Not like the devs are seeing a penny of your wife/mom’s money when you purchase that stuff today.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I would love NGPC games on Switch... if they release a clicky stick joycon with it!

But also, I'd love them to do what Square/Enix did with Seikan Densetsu 3 and release an official translation of Card Fighters 2 for it.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I would love NGPC games on Switch... if they release a clicky stick joycon with it!

But also, I'd love them to do what Square/Enix did with Seikan Densetsu 3 and release an official translation of Card Fighters 2 for it.

This is SNKP you’re talking about. You won’t get a translated CFC2, BMU2, or Ogre Battle PoZ.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
With the news that NGPC Samurai Shodown! 2 will be hitting the switch as an early bonus for the new Samurai Shodown...

This is news to me - and good news at that. I've always wanted to play NGPC, and the Switch is excellent for my new-dad lifestyle. Hope they bring more of the library to the party. Fuck, give me the library on a few physical cards and I'll pay a very slight premium.

For those that would rather just play the MVS/NGH (NGC? WTF?), fine. I can see that - but there is something to be said for mobile versions that have simplified inputs.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
hrm. i dont know. that would look pretty rough on a big TV.
the games absolutely hold up.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member

That's a cool idea. If by some miracle they did release NGPC games on Switch, I wonder if someone could figure out a good mod to pull this off.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I would as a handheld, maybe on the TV if the scaling is good

NexusX

Astra Superstar
If it was a collection or package of titles? yes.
Online mode wouldn't hurt either.

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
If they were priced at less than $5 each, I would easily buy a bunch.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
If you've already got a handheld like a psp or a vita you can already play these games. Makes me laugh when people mod an ngpc with a light when they probably already had a solution anyway.

lufeig

n00b
Never.

That's why Retropie exists.

And with a few more bucks, you get a portable solution with the whole neo geo library.

Burning Blade

Crazed MVS Addict
I’ll definitely fucking buy at least a few. NGPC is the first handheld that really amazed me. I still play Baseball Stars, and check my horoscope for shits and giggles. I have probably two dozen games for the NGPC, but would be happy to be able to play them on a nice bright screen. Wishful thinking for a SNK Joy-Con, but it would be sick.

turbosage

Zero's Secretary
15 Year Member
I play NGPC roms on my PSP Go from time to time, it's pretty decent with the backlit screen and what-not. :)

Sure, if it was like a collection of games, I'd czech 'em out!!

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Samurai Shodown! 2 made the jump. Anyone up for SNK Gals’ Fighters?

“SNK Gals’ Fighters for Switch rated in Korea“:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._rated_for_the_nintendo_switch_in_south_korea

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/04/maf...n-snk-gals-fighters-for-switch-rated-in-korea

Last edited:

McColbo

Overtop Pathfinder

This would be my problem...the joystick is what makes the NGPC games so much MORE damn fun to play.