New NGCD Owner

edd_jedi

NEST Puppet
Hi all, I've been an occasional lurker here for years having always been fascinated by the Neo Geo. I must admit I didn't play NG games in the arcades much back in the 90s as I was a Street Fighter 2 kid, but I do have fond memories of seeing some games in arcades (Super Sidekicks, Puzzle Bobble, World Heroes etc.)

I've just picked up a NGCD, it seems like a good entry point before committing hundreds/thousands of dollars in to AES or MVS ownership, maybe I'll go down that route later. Here's the CD I just picked up, and the language switch I just added:

IMG_6843.jpg

IMG_6846.jpg

I have one membership question, does anybody know at what point I can view attachments? I understand forums have ranks and I need to earn certain access privileges, but it seems pretty strange I can't even view my own attachments. Maybe the admin doesn't know this?

Last edited:

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
CDZ! :D
great system, if somewhat limited on the optical drive parts.
got one loaned with pulstar retail disk.
is the console ever sees an optical drive emulator, would be something.
on the cartridge side, neosd took care of that, probably a matter of time before CD dumps can be streamed through the cartridge socket.
the spoof card is fast enough, same for the krikzz line of spoofs. :p
have fun in this nutbar house!

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
Looks clean - enjoy your Neo Geo CD. The loading time isn't bad as long as you stay away from the late-release fighting games.

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
not so TWATCH!
i refer to the compact disk based console range as a whole.
the retail disks work across the board.
:D
redump.org for the cuesheets and hashtags. :p
[edit]
what am i on about, TOSEC for the verifies. :glee:

Last edited: