SECRET SANTA 2018

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Without that burden, it would be profitable.

So no mismanagement or waste? No redundant policies or lack of initiative towards customer retention?

Based on our own anecdotal evidence, you and I, we have watched packages travel up and down the eastern seaboard with no rhyme or reason.

Folks in this thread and the forum writ large report USPS problems all the time.

Shits broke to the tune of ~50 Billion dollars of total debt and US tax payers and customers are paying for it.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Shipped mine out to my giftee today. They should get it next week.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
So no mismanagement or waste? No redundant policies or lack of initiative towards customer retention?

Based on our own anecdotal evidence, you and I, we have watched packages travel up and down the eastern seaboard with no rhyme or reason.

Folks in this thread and the forum writ large report USPS problems all the time.

Shits broke to the tune of ~50 Billion dollars of total debt and US tax payers and customers are paying for it.

the only way tax payers are paying for it is when they use it. the usps is self funded. they dont receive federal tax money.

also my ss gift was delivered to his house today! glad it made it. Hope the dude likes it.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
the only way tax payers are paying for it is when they use it. the usps is self funded. they dont receive federal tax money.

also my ss gift was delivered to his house today! glad it made it. Hope the dude likes it.

If that where true the post office would be quite a bit smaller because stamps are not paying for your packages.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
If that where true the post office would be quite a bit smaller because stamps are not paying for your packages.

I mean look it up dude. And it's not stamps paying for everything. The biggest financial draws for them are commercial accounts. I mean Amazon does a ton with them , so does eBay (Integrated rates), and a bunch of other big shipping companies.

USPS is 100% self funded bud.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I mean look it up dude. And it's not stamps paying for everything. The biggest financial draws for them are commercial accounts. I mean Amazon does a ton with them , so does eBay (Integrated rates), and a bunch of other big shipping companies.

USPS is 100% self funded bud.

Derailing the thread I'm sorry but last point.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/97944594

That kind of debt does not mean self sufficient.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Derailing the thread I'm sorry but last point.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/97944594

That kind of debt does not mean self sufficient.

yeah- so a nearly 2 year old article that does not even suggest that you looked up what i told you to look into.

So- the ability to raise and lower prices are set by an executive branch appointee. a bunch of other things that have saddled the usps with debt was also handed to them by congress. fun side fact- they still get $0 in funding from the us government.

Yes you can be self sufficient carrying terrible debt- but it could lead to your collapse. Additionally they can get cheap federal lending to help bridge gaps, but this is a loan that must be paid back.

I mean- its all right on their site.
https://facts.usps.com/top-facts/

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

I didn't say the USPS was perfect. Other shipping companies ain't perfect either, and they don't have Congress meddling in their affairs.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I took a crack at drawing the cawk, hope the receiver likes it. Sent it yesterday, should have it by Wednesday.

I got all my secret Santa stuff. Will post pics soon.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I like how roker is seriously focused on drawing a penis just the way he wants

Rumor has it the big-dicked bastard just sat down and did a self-portrait of his own

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Thank you heihachi (Connor) for the wonderful gifts and card. I was killing some SFII yesterday with the controller and I'll be sure to jam out to the tunes and my fatass already smashed some of those Sea Salt Caramels. You're the bestest!

11qpfk3.jpg

kbwz8mz.jpg

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Nice vinyl!
Thank you heihachi (Connor) for the wonderful gifts and card. I was killing some SFII yesterday with the controller and I'll be sure to jam out to the tunes and my fatass already smashed some of those Sea Salt Caramels. You're the bestest!

11qpfk3.jpg

kbwz8mz.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Glad you like everything. Those chocolates are from a place based here that always contribute to few extra holiday lbs for me.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Update: my Secret Santa gifts came in this Saturday from cdamm. My full post on it is coming in the next day or two as time permits, but as I've let him know privately, it was... Awesome! :lolz:

Speaking of which, the last Secret Santa gift I'm waiting to send is finally coming in the mail today (knock on wood), so I'm hoping to get that out tomorrow or Wednesday!

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
My gift is scheduled to be delivered by 8pm tonight. Somebody gonna be happy.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
xmas.jpg

Christmas is over. GutsDozer wins! He also is apparently psychic because I was debating grabbing a NES mini for myself.

And DAT CAULK!

giphy.gif

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Super glad you like it bro!! I couldn't wait for the caulk to be revealed lol. Merry Gutzmas!!

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Those last couple are great! Nice job guys!

JoeAwesome

Speaking of which, the last Secret Santa gift I'm waiting to send is finally coming in the mail today (knock on wood), so I'm hoping to get that out tomorrow or Wednesday!

I sent out my giftee's box today! It should arrive Friday!

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
Holy crap this box is rad. Thanks NERD!!! Super excited to try Forbidden Island, and the figures are badass. Ada Wong my boo.

f2BDB4e.jpg

gvfPsKe.jpg

4dLhQ5Z.jpg

JoeAwesome

(Yes, I need to resize this shit, but in the meantime, spoilers!)

So, I got my Secret Santa gift on Saturday, but I'm glad to share with you all. cdamm was my Secret Santa, and to say he surprised me is an understatement.

Let me start off by saying my list was very clear what I wanted and didn't want.

I didn't want toys

Spoiler:
Gift number 1
R2rmRfc.jpg

and I didn't want board games

Spoiler:
Gift number 2
V4MctH5.jpg

and even though I didn't mention it, I certainly didn't want caulk

Spoiler:
DKhqGPD.jpg

But I did get some nice homemade candy

Spoiler:
(not all candy included- I had to try some out)
r6bOIIu.jpg

and

Last edited:

JoeAwesome

Spoiler:
tPCko3X.jpg

wait for it

Spoiler:
Qa123Cc.jpg

wait for it...

Spoiler:
0YBetLg.jpg

Holy Schnikes!

Spoiler:
RyW31RK.jpg

What the heck is that?!

Spoiler:
AhA0w5w.jpg

cdamm had this ready to gooooo!!

Spoiler:
snO1Klv.jpg

Thank you so much, cdamm! I finally have my first real gaming computer! My man cdamm went all out for me! I can't thank him enough for his generosity. I also made sure to hang his note with care.

Spoiler:
ijTxG5o.jpg

Thanks a ton, cdamm! I can't wait to start using this for fightcade and hey, maybe actually something that came out in the last three years, for once on a desktop :lolz: