Pandora Box 5S Moving one SD card build to another?

SkullGrin

n00b
I currently own two Pandora box 5S, 2-player arcade stick units. One is a Blue Screen 999 games version, and the other is Green Screen 1299 games release

My 1299 Pandora Box 5S is a LOT nicer! Not just the outer case but, even the internal motherboard itself looks Nicer and Newer. Problem is, i prefer the Blue Screen 999 games image on my other Pandora Box. Basically i want to get that 999 games version up and running on my 1299 box.

However, even after swapping SD cards, i've yet to get the 999 games image to boot on the 1299 games box.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks!

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
why note just move the entire mobo from the 1299 into the 999 case? Even if the mobo looks newer and nicer, if its working why bother with trying to sd card swap?

Id just use the case and buttons from the version you like, and swap the boards. Best of both worlds with practically no effort

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
+1 to just swapping the internal board into the case you want. If it doesn't fit then you could also spray paint the case.

SkullGrin

n00b
why note just move the entire mobo from the 1299 into the 999 case? Even if the mobo looks newer and nicer, if its working why bother with trying to sd card swap?

Id just use the case and buttons from the version you like, and swap the boards. Best of both worlds with practically no effort

Well one of the reasons i like the Newer board is it has this nice, and higher-quality Press-in/Press-out mechanism for the SD card. Easy as pie to insert and remove. While the older board has this crappy, flimsy, latch thingy that i've NEVER seen before to secure a Micro SD card. I was worried i almost broke it when i was trying to remove the SD card to attempt the swap to begin with. I definitely bent it a little and wasn't even applying much pressure. I was able to successfully reinsert the card to get it working again and, realistically, there's no reason i'd want to mess with it in the future unless it got corrupted or something but, still. Would be nice if i could get it working on the newer board with the nicer slot.

Edit: I also made an image back-up of the card before i put it back in. I've never encountered a problem with my other Pandora Box and corrupted cards but, you never know.

Last edited: