Do any members play any Neo Geo games online?

Almightyburner

Kabuki Klasher
I recently configured my NGX controller to use with Last Blade 2 on Steam, and I wondered what other SNK games allow for online multiplayer whether ot be from Steam, GOG or some other portal?

Any long-time rivalries here?

Also, apologies if this is the wrong place for this thread. New, ignorant, and willing to delete.

Unfortunately I only have PC. No Switch, XBO, or PS4, but I may have one in the near future.

I'd love some co-op Metal Slug or something.

Last edited:

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Coding for modern SNK ports seem to be hit and miss. Otherwise try Fightcade for your PC. I used to play on an older version of Fightcade a few years back, but quit as the community was full of shitty-ass people and serial rage-quitters.

Otherwise, you should get some friends and do some couch co-op. I also believe that a few members here are from various parts of CO.

Last edited:

Almightyburner

Kabuki Klasher
Just don't really have friends into it at this stage in my life. Kind of an old bastard, now. I wish arcades were still a thing. Just walk up to a fighter cabinet, put your quarter up on the screen, and meet new people who were into it. (Sigh) those. were the days.

Soundwave GI

Rugal's Thug
Unfortunately it seems the Xbox versions only support local co-op. Bummer as I have a couple friends that would play online and don’t have the chance to get to together in the same place often.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Not really, the lag always puts me off. Besides, it feels even more artificial, than playing against an AI. It makes quite a difference if a game was designed from scratch to be played online, or if "online" is just an attachment to a program that was never meant to be played like that. Hey, but maybe it's just me getting old ;).

Soundwave GI

Rugal's Thug
Not really, the lag always puts me off. Besides, it feels even more artificial, than playing against an AI. It makes quite a difference if a game was designed from scratch to be played online, or if "online" is just an attachment to a program that was never meant to be played like that. Hey, but maybe it's just me getting old ;).

It's not just you...that's pretty on point. It works pretty well with non-precise beat-em-ups like Capcom has put out over the years. Final fight, the D&D games, etc. But games that require as precise as shooters and fighters don't lend themselves well to online gaming once you have the internet latency coupled with wireless controllers. Even the modern Street Fighters are always having to be tweaked for online play and those are made with online fighting in mind. None of the Neo Geo titles that Hamster released on the consoles seem to have online co-op.

Missile

Another Striker
I bought Mark of The Wolves for my Xbox360 years ago. Every time I start an online match, nothing happens and there's no matches I can join. It's lonely out there.