Full PSX Classic game list

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Pure 60fps goodness and a good way to fight the prejudice that the PS1 couldn't 2D. If you want to fight Big N's 8- and 16-bit sprite-slingshot Minis, that's the way to go:

(in alphabetical order)

01. Adventure Of Little Ralph
02. Adventures Of Lomax
03. Alundra
04. Castlevania Chronicles
05. Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night
06. Dodonpachi
07. Einhänder
08. GeGeGe No Kitaro
09. Gradius Gaiden
10. Harmful Park
11. Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
12. Mad Stalker: Full Metal Force
13. RayCrisis
14. Rayman
15. Rapid Reload
16. Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure
17. Rockman X6
18. R-Type Delta
19. Tomba!
20. Zanac X Zanac

As an unlockable bonus to ripple PS1's polygon muscles:

??. Ridge Racer Turbo

Besides, most of these titles are very expensive today, opposed to the crap on the actual PS Classic. Why not ease on our wallets, Sony?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
You know you're going to have to explain yourself choosing X6 over X4.

Soundwave GI

Rugal's Thug
Atari VCS is another crap system. And unlike the Playstation, I played a lot of Atari. A lot. I lived for my Atari.

But I have no interest in playing those hot mess of games now. Maybe a handful of them are playable by my standards. Even the nostalgia wears thin.

Yeah, true. Atari doesn’t hold up. I think the only thing I’d still play is Yar’s Revenge. But there are a lot of games I play for NES/SNES/SG that hold up today. The Playstaion was huge, for sure, but apart from a few games, mostly covered on members’ custom lists, they don’t hold up...basically almost anything polygon based.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The Playstaion was huge, for sure, but apart from a few games, mostly covered on members’ custom lists, they don’t hold up...basically almost anything polygon based.

The only people who keep saying this are ones who last played those games in 2002.

Play them now and I feel you'd get a new kind of appreciation for them.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I'll get it once someone figures out how to hack it.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Good point, though it's quite simple, really: I liked X4 more on the Saturn and X6 was a best-selling PS1 exclusive.

Transparency effects on saturn look like shit vs ps1. The game does load faster though.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
The only people who keep saying this are ones who last played those games in 2002.

I still really enjoy UmJammer Lammy, Jersey Devil, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, NHL Open Ice, GT2. I almost feel the original PlayStation had better games than PS2.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I still really enjoy UmJammer Lammy, Jersey Devil, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, NHL Open Ice, GT2. I almost feel the original PlayStation had better games than PS2.

I think the RPGs and the simply styled (in terms of art) platformers (like Ape Escape) aged well. Very few of the action games aged well. I tried the original Tomb Raider last year and hoo boy it's basically unplayable IMO.

Soundwave GI

Rugal's Thug

Nope, I play PS1 games regularly to this day, and once in a while I try something I remember loving and it’s not good. I play symphony of the night once every other year easy, Vagrant Story, Oddworld, Strider 2, RE2 and MGS to name a few. But a lot just lack luster because it was more about transitioning to 3D from artistic sprites. It paved a path, but I myself don’t enjoy going back like I do for NES, SG, SNES or NG.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member

My PSone with my OEM Sony Screen has a permanent place on my desk. I love it.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
My PSone with my OEM Sony Screen has a permanent place on my desk. I love it.

I feel the same. I love that console and it’s screen. I wish there were an ODE replacement for it. That would be incredible for that combo.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Transparency effects on saturn look like shit vs ps1. The game does load faster though.

Saturn's destroyed city has a wobbling effect to portray fire more immersive and the raster-transparencies have an aesthetic of their own, I happened to like even more than the real thing. But yeah, it's peanuts and subjective at that ;).

-SD-

Camel Slug
I decided to cancel my preorder. May as well just wait for the inevitable PSpi case to come out of China, then I can put whatever I want on there.

Neogeoman106st

Crossed Swords Squire
They have pre-order spots open in japan. With mock ups of the box etc. japan one has better games for sure.
54F3ABA2-53EF-4E9E-8447-4E0159D3C946.jpeg
4CEBAAB4-38D1-4CA1-B2B4-8D0BC759FBC3.jpeg

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
I was half expecting more 2D style games like Hermie Hopperhead would be included in the JP version.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
I was half expecting more 2D style games like Hermie Hopperhead would be included in the JP version.

Nah, Sony HATED 2D games in the 32bit era. That’s why so many 2D games were left in Japan. There were so many games that were ready to come out in the US, and Sony didn’t want them on the platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
NAH DUDES HERE'S SOME TRUE GOLDEN HITS THAT SONY SHOUL NEVER LET US FORGET!!!

BATTLE ARENA TOSHINDEN 4
007 TOMORROW NEVER DIES
CROC LEGEND OF THE GOBOS
SOME SHITTY WRESTLING GAME
MORTAL KOMBAT 4
TEST DRIVE
CHOCOBO RACING
MORTAL KOMBAT SPECIAL FORCES
MGS INTEGRAL
2 EXTREME
TWISTED METAL 3

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I like the JPN lineup but still not worth it.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
If this thing can't be loaded, it's a pass for sure.

Twisted Metal 1 over 2 is a travesty.

No Gran Turismo 2? Gran Turismo IS Playstation.

They really should have included some more titles that are too expensive to justify purchasing. Like Klonoa, and Tron Bonne.

The only game I am actually really happy made it is Intelligent Qube. It's maybe the best puzzle game ever.

Not including Gradius Gaiden was a mistake. They needed to round out the genre of games present. I would have even settled for one of the Ray games. or Einhander.

Also, Tekken 2 > Tekken 3. I guess I can understand the reasoning behind that though.

The problem with these consoles is that they only include a small handful of games. Would it really be too expensive to include a 128GB card, and load it up with tons of great first party games, and license a few staples? Bunch of cheap bastards. I blame Nintendo for setting the bar by offering as little as possible, for an inflated price. I understand one of these games is larger than every game on the SNES Classic, but storage is so cheap these days. It's pretty lame really.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Also, Tekken 2 > Tekken 3. I guess I can understand the reasoning behind that though.

I kind of agree but not really. Tekken 3 has aged remarkably well compared to T1/2 , and in general as a fighting game from the 90s. It's still really fun to play and loses a lot of the shitty stiffness leftover from Tekken.

Also, I wish they would just not release this stupid thing, put Tekken 3 on PSN instead, and then put even more PS1 games on PSN and call it a day. I would not mind seeing a lot more classics on my Vita instead of this stupid cash grab that I will never buy