Full PSX Classic game list

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Here's what I would've included. Not just games I like - games I think would've appealed to a wide variety and represented the PS1's life well.

Ape Escape
Castlevania: SotN
Chrono Cross
FFVII
Final Fantasy Tactics
Grandia
Mega Man Legends 1 or 2
Metal Gear: Solid
Parappa the Rapper
Parasite Eve
R-Type Delta
RayStorm
Resident Evil: DC
Resident Evil 2
Silent Hill
Strider 2
Syphon Filter
Tekken 3
Tenchu: Stealth Assassins
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
Thunder Force V
Twisted Metal 2
Vagrant Story
Wipeout
Xenogears

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Cancelled my preoder. Too much badly aged 3D shit on there, and the PSP version of Persona shits all over the original release.
Wild Arms is good, except for the battle scenes.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Here's what I would've included. Not just games I like - games I think would've appealed to a wide variety and represented the PS1's life well.

Ape Escape
Chrono Cross
FFVII
Final Fantasy Tactics
Grandia
Mega Man Legends 1 or 2
Parappa the Rapper
Parasite Eve
R-Type Delta
RayStorm
Resident Evil 2
Silent Hill
Strider 2
Syphon Filter
Tekken 3
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
Thunder Force V
Twisted Metal 2
Vagrant Story
Wipeout
Xenogears

I like this list, but it's missing Einhänder for me.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I should have put some obligatory Cash in there as well.

Soundwave GI

Rugal's Thug
Was kinda hoping for SOTN to be on the list but some great titles none the less. Is there a European game list too or just Japanese?

EXACTLY...no SOTN is lame...one of the best games on the console and one that holds up well today.

Soundwave GI

Rugal's Thug

Ape Escape
Chrono Cross
FFVII
Final Fantasy Tactics
Grandia
Mega Man Legends 1 or 2
Parappa the Rapper
Parasite Eve
R-Type Delta
RayStorm
Resident Evil 2
Silent Hill
Strider 2
Syphon Filter
Tekken 3
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
Thunder Force V
Twisted Metal 2
Vagrant Story
Wipeout
Xenogears

This list is pretty perfect. I’d like to see the Spider-Man title they dropped on the PS1 and Legacy of Kain. Tenchu could reintroduce kids to rage broken controllers all over again.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
EXACTLY...no SOTN is lame...one of the best games on the console and one that holds up well today.

It's no mystery, that most hand drawn 2D holds up well today. I could imagine the same happening to animation films: the pencil aging like a good wine, CGI turning, with a few exceptions, to vinegar.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Cancelled my pre-order too, it's just more plastic under the telly. Can't justify 90 bones for a RRT4 machine, the list that fakeXsound posted is absolutely bang on. I understand that there are licensing and dual shock issues with some games but even then they still could have produced a better selection. What a fuck up.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Can't imagine how poorly SF plays today. I thought it was fun, but a bit clunky back then.

Soundwave GI

Rugal's Thug
I know Sony sees the cash grab based on NES/SNES mini sales, but, to me, the PS1 is not a 'classic' system anyway. I'm not even sure what qualifies, but just doesn't have that feeling of what Atari, Nintendo or Sega did for the industry.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Classic just depends on your age... My definition is the systems that you grew up with. For me, it is the Atari 2600/Colecovision, which is different than most people (NES/SNES).

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Rainbow 6 should be the first game cut, who the hell even want to play this?

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Yes, Rainbow 6, the great playstation classic...wasn't even aware there's a playstation version of it.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Yes, Rainbow 6, the great playstation classic...wasn't even aware there's a playstation version of it.

I knew a guy that paid full price for that garbage and then bought Rouge Spear on it as well. Such a dumbass.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
People who play FPS on consoles (let alone tactical FPS like the game in question) need to get whipped.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
I know Sony sees the cash grab based on NES/SNES mini sales, but, to me, the PS1 is not a 'classic' system anyway. I'm not even sure what qualifies, but just doesn't have that feeling of what Atari, Nintendo or Sega did for the industry.

Well it’s 24 years old on the day the mini comes out. NES was “Classic” when I started collecting for it back in 1997; that was only 12 years after it’s US release release.

It’s definitely “classic” since it’s 2.5 decades old at this point

Soundwave GI

Rugal's Thug
Well it’s 24 years old on the day the mini comes out. NES was “Classic” when I started collecting for it back in 1997; that was only 12 years after it’s US release release.

It’s definitely “classic” since it’s 2.5 decades old at this point

True, it's definitely old, but I don't know about classic. It blazed a bit of a trail with 3D gaming, but the video game business was booming and it was just the next step. But I suppose if that was the first system you grew up with, it would feel that way. Atari successfully brought home gaming to the masses, Nintendo resurrected the industry after the crash and Sega started the console wars with the Genesis.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I really wasn't into modern video games during the Playstation's run. I was in my late teens early 20's and there were so many things to do other than video games.

These games don't interest me. There are games of that era that do interest me (including some on the playstation) but that list aint' it. The only games I've played from the list are GTA (played a lot on PC) and Puzzle Fighter (played on other systems). I once watched some guys play twisted metal while I sat and got stoned off my ass. It looked like a hot mess even back then. I couldn't figure out what the big deal was.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
True, it's definitely old, but I don't know about classic. It blazed a bit of a trail with 3D gaming, but the video game business was booming and it was just the next step. But I suppose if that was the first system you grew up with, it would feel that way. Atari successfully brought home gaming to the masses, Nintendo resurrected the industry after the crash and Sega started the console wars with the Genesis.

Atari VCS is another crap system. And unlike the Playstation, I played a lot of Atari. A lot. I lived for my Atari.

But I have no interest in playing those hot mess of games now. Maybe a handful of them are playable by my standards. Even the nostalgia wears thin.

Last edited: