Full PSX Classic game list

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I kind of agree but not really. Tekken 3 has aged remarkably well compared to T1/2 , and in general as a fighting game from the 90s. It's still really fun to play and loses a lot of the shitty stiffness leftover from Tekken.

Also, I wish they would just not release this stupid thing, put Tekken 3 on PSN instead, and then put even more PS1 games on PSN and call it a day. I would not mind seeing a lot more classics on my Vita instead of this stupid cash grab that I will never buy

They need to just include 20 whatever games, slap an extra sd slot or 2 on this thing, and add online functionality, then add the ps store to this thing. Just do away with this annoying buy every game digital again with each console release, except handhelds. I would much rather have a box dedicated to ps1 digital games, than have it spread across consoles or rented.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
For the record

Tekken 2 is not a better game than 3

But it is the game we would all rather play in 2018.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
For the record

Agree. Tekken 2 is more like Super Tekken

well actually i would rather play Tekken 3

Tekken 2 is really beautiful though. Opening sequence is one of the coolest things i had ever seen when I was little

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Agree. Tekken 2 is more like Super Tekken

well actually i would rather play Tekken 3

Tekken 2 is really beautiful though. Opening sequence is one of the coolest things i had ever seen when I was little

I mean the reason we'd rather play Tekken 2 is because we played the shit out of Tekken 3 and have forgotten what 2 was

Because back then, in a world where 3 existed, why bother with 2? It's like why play SF Alpha when you could play Alpha 2

But enough time has passed for us to get back to that dorky fighting game with all its dorky cutscenes.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Tekken is for people who enjoy the Fast And The Furious "movies" and Linkin Park's "music"

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Tekken is for people who enjoy the Fast And The Furious "movies" and Linkin Park's "music"
Tekken 3 was cooler than both of those things combined to me as a kid! I don't like those things, but I did as a kid. Tekken was still cooler. Also, Tekken 1/2 was a really cool supplement for Kung Fu movies to me bc of Law and Lei and whatnot and I was obsessed with Bruce Lee.

I mean the reason we'd rather play Tekken 2 is because we played the shit out of Tekken 3 and have forgotten what 2 was

Because back then, in a world where 3 existed, why bother with 2? It's like why play SF Alpha when you could play Alpha 2

But enough time has passed for us to get back to that dorky fighting game with all its dorky cutscenes.
I know how this goes. Get hyped about how fun it used to be to stay up all night unlocking the characters, turn the old shitty inferior but nostalgic game on for like 30 minutes; make a couple of remarks about the times back then, then turn it off before you unlock 3 characters.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
For the record

Yes. I totally agree, 3 is better but I loved 2 more. Perhaps it’s just the timing of how much I love 2 and 3 although great, didn’t quite live up to the the hype for me way back then.

I’d rather play Tekken Tag 1 in 2018. But I know I’ll have to wait for the PS2 mini for that one.

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Oh shit, on that note.... Tekken Tag arcade (Namco System 12) version is the best possible version of Tekken , period. Something about the PS2 conversion doesn't seem as responsive to me. Probably the thing I get most excited about in an arcade room tbh

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Oh shit, on that note.... Tekken Tag arcade (Namco System 12) version is the best possible version of Tekken , period. Something about the PS2 conversion doesn't seem as responsive to me. Probably the thing I get most excited about in an arcade room tbh

Tekken 3.5

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
A time when transparencies and lighting blew minds.
And here we are today. Modern gaming grandad. I want it

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I feel this is going to be a bust. I'm not that nostalgic for the PS1. Most of my time with it was used playing FF7 (which I don't care for anymore) or the Alpha series or Metal Gear Solid.

Pre-order canceled.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I feel this is going to be a bust. I'm not that nostalgic for the PS1. Most of my time with it was used playing FF7 (which I don't care for anymore) or the Alpha series or Metal Gear Solid.

Pre-order canceled.

Yeah, it's still pre-orderable pretty much everywhere, which was decidedly not the case with the two Nintendo minis. I still have mine pre-ordered solely because if I don't have the ability to get one right away it'll only make me want one, but I'm planning to cancel it when it comes out.

Yeah, gonna flop. Sounds like Sony didn't even put any effort into it, none of the pre-release impressions from sites that have tested it are positive.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
It's not selling because the list of games is 50% shit. You might as well buy a used ps1 for $15.00 and grab all the games you would actually play. Getting them loose disc is probably cheaper than the cost of the mini.

Hopes of being hackable is the only hope this thing has.

Destruction Derby before Gran Turismo???
A bunch of flipping morons must work for Sony.

It baffles me how someone gave the OK on this game list.

Seriously???

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
It's not selling because the list of games is 50% shit. You might as well buy a used ps1 for $15.00 and grab all the games you would actually play. Getting them loose disc is probably cheaper than the cost of the mini.

Hopes of being hackable is the only hope this thing has.

Destruction Derby before Gran Turismo???
A bunch of flipping morons must work for Sony.

It baffles me how someone gave the OK on this game list.

Seriously???

I would imagine the licensing for a game like GT would cost a fortune. Im sure its why you dont see Tony Hawk on there.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
I ended up playing force mode in tekken 3 more then the main game, and i never managed to complete it.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I would imagine the licensing for a game like GT would cost a fortune. Im sure its why you dont see Tony Hawk on there.

The point I was trying to make there is that when people think Playstation, they think Gran Turismo, or many of the other great games on the console that are not Destruction Derby.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The point I was trying to make there is that when people think Playstation, they think Gran Turismo, or many of the other great games on the console that are not Destruction Derby.

Uhh no shit?He's not disagreeing with you, you seemed confused why they chose DD over GT and he gave the reason why.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Destruction Derby seemed weird to me when I picked it up, because score was based on spinning cars instead of wreaking them.

Warhawk also came out around that time. Honestly I'd rather have that for the cheesy cutscenes alone.