MVS1FS - Mono/Stereo question

superfry63

Kuroko's Training Dummy
So I'm using the headphone jack on a MVS1FS to get stereo out as per the JNX tutorial.

I've noticed that If I switch the audio switch to Mono it is a bit louder than stereo.

Does the switch actually have an effect on the headphone jack in terms of changing from mono to stereo? (and does it to anything @ the jamma connector, which I assume is just always mono)

Thanks,

Flain

n00b
Whatever you do DON'T switch it to stereo in a jamma cab. It changes the audio pins on the mono output from audio+ground to R+ L+ so you can damage your board. You need to wire the cab for stereo if you want to flip that switch (or disconnect the speaker from the jamma edge).

superfry63

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Thanks for the tip - I should of mentioned that this is a Consolized MVS1FS - so the Jamma pins are not being used.

This is all off the headphone pins x4. The only thing I am doing differently than in the pic below is using the x2 ground pins in between L and R, as I have a 4 pin header adapter that goes to x2 RCA.

mv1fsaudio.jpg

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
It's louder because you are sending the same signal down both sides. Of course it won't be stereo, you might think it is, but I assure you it is not.

superfry63

Kuroko's Training Dummy
It's louder because you are sending the same signal down both sides. Of course it won't be stereo, you might think it is, but I assure you it is not.

Ah okay - that makes sense. I just wasn't sure that the mono/stereo switch would actually change the headphone jack or not. But I figured it would change the jamma