Neo Geo CD controller microswitch replacement.

Kujako

Quiz Detective
So one of my CD controllers seems a little off, it's intermittent, but direction control sometimes fails or is slow to respond. I'd like to replace the microswitches, but I have no source for them.

This guy used some off the shelf parts, with 3D bits.

http://supermegabyte.com/2018/07/neo-geo-cd-controller-replacement-switches/

I have no 3D printer (hard to justify the purchase). Anyone out there have a source for standard parts, or a 3D printer and a willingness to sell me a few prints?

superfry63

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I'm still trying to resolve this with my 2nd CD controller.

Here is a thread with some pictures I took and where I left off.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...r-white-plastic-pieces-in-D-Pad-how-to-extend

I have access to a 3d printer and the original 3d bits I printed in that thread where like x8 times the size and would not fit (I have no idea how to scale etc) I recently passed off a different version (those purple ones) to my 3d printer guy but he is insanely slow to print. I should have them within 30 days - I can test they out and let you know. If they work I'd be happy to print a bunch and mail them out to anyone who needs them.(buddy just charges for material it's like 2.50$ CAD last time I printed a set)

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
I'm still trying to resolve this with my 2nd CD controller.

Here is a thread with some pictures I took and where I left off.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...r-white-plastic-pieces-in-D-Pad-how-to-extend

I have access to a 3d printer and the original 3d bits I printed in that thread where like x8 times the size and would not fit (I have no idea how to scale etc) I recently passed off a different version (those purple ones) to my 3d printer guy but he is insanely slow to print. I should have them within 30 days - I can test they out and let you know. If they work I'd be happy to print a bunch and mail them out to anyone who needs them.(buddy just charges for material it's like 2.50$ CAD last time I printed a set)

Which slicer are you using?

I just use Cura and that gives the ability to scale parts easily in the slicer, It also gives dimensions of the parts to if you are unsure how much you need to shrink it by you can just keep changing it and reference the dimensions so you know if its right before wasting any time or filament to print.

superfry63

Kuroko's Training Dummy
No idea what a slicer is, so not using one lol

I literally found the 3d files on thingverse then they vanished. (there is that newer set now)

I still have the old files from the thread I linked, would be happy to share if anyone wants to try to scale them. I'd attempt it, but the 3d printer I have access to is about 1 hour away and there is always a queue of items backed up.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
The slicer is the program you use to turn the STL file into a file the 3D printer uses to print from.

Like I said I use cura so if you download Cura (its free) You will be able to scale them to the correct size.

If you then give the scaling info to the guy printing the stuff for you he can scale it to the correct size.

superfry63

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Sounds good, I'll give it a go. If anyone else wants to take a crack at it PM me and I can send the files.

I will probably wait until I get the other version back, as they could already be scaled correctly and it looks like on the creator's blog that they work and are scaled correctly.

Kujako

Quiz Detective
No idea what a slicer is, so not using one lol

Simple explanation, a slicer is a bit of software that takes the 3D model and breaks it into layers (or slices) based on the resolution of the 3D printer. It also sets the scale for the 3D print. The page I linked includes the thingiverse download of the 3D files. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3007837

I broke down and ordered a 3D printer (it's my birthday, I deserve a treat) so I'll be giving it a go as well in the weeks to come.

Last edited:

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
I will await your update.

I have no need for them at this point in time but I have 3 neo pads so in the future who knows....

superfry63

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Also interested how they turn out - my 3d printer guy says his printer can't handle there small size - they are coming out all mangled.