MV1FZ strange sprites and backgrounds.

eblio

Caught Viewing BB code. Naughty.
Hello there fellas, my Slot1 suddenly developed a strange bug, where some of the backgrounds and sprites are looking weird.

Here is a YouTube screen capture: https://youtu.be/UNV9CKkASFk

Firstly I thought its just a dirty card, but after reseeding the card multiple times and also testing with other cards its still the same. I've tried cleaning also the slots and reseeding the mini board that connects the cartridge to the main board, but the issue still persists.
Any help and directions to fix my board will be greatly appreciated.

furrtek

Super Sidekicks 2
Heyo, if you recently transported your system check that there are no bent or touching pins on the under side of both boards.
If not, and if you have a beepy multimeter, check continuity between these:
NEO-ZMC2 pin 50 -> NEO-D0 pin 27
NEO-ZMC2 pin 5 -> LSPC2-A2 pin 147
NEO-ZMC2 pin 7 -> LSPC2-A2 pin 109

eblio

Thank you very much for your reply!
I've spotted few pins that might have been shorted and straighten them. But nothing has changed. They were in B2 part of the main board that connects to daughter board. I also borrowed another daughter board to replace mine and completely isolate that the problem might come from cart slot or anything in the daughter board.
I've uploaded YouTube video that might bring up some clues. Everything is looking good, except that I'm missing some component labeled C3(visible on the video).
https://youtu.be/Z1IKBmYpHUg
I also probed the connections that you've pointed out and there is continuity on all of them.

ack

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
C3 should not be populated.

It does look like you are missing a capacitor (PC) on the right side to the right of the MASK/SFIX?

eblio

Ahh yeah, you are right! Could that be the cause of the issue?