Nam 1975 and Cyber Lip

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Is it just me, or is Nam 1975 and Cyber Lip MVS incredibly hard to come across?

It depends. If you line up the carts end to end, you will have to build up significant pressure to come across both of them.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
It depends. If you line up the carts end to end, you will have to build up significant pressure to come across both of them.

Lol

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
giphy.gif

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Some of these launch and early titles are very common on AES, and not so common on MVS. I suppose it was the early days of MVS and the machines weren't everywhere at first. It's also true that the older the game, the less likely that used arcade hardware survived. However, it seems like a relatively good amount was printed as part of a big push into the rental and home markets. I think of these titles more as console games partly just for these reasons.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,

Do it by width, wyo. By width.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Some of these launch and early titles are very common on AES, and not so common on MVS. I suppose it was the early days of MVS and the machines weren't everywhere at first. It's also true that the older the game, the less likely that used arcade hardware survived. However, it seems like a relatively good amount was printed as part of a big push into the rental and home markets. I think of these titles more as console games partly just for these reasons.

I never thought about that before, but I totally agree

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
There are other games that are harder to find, but yeah these two are certainly not common.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
And you also have to take into account the cartridge exchange & trade-in program that SNK ran for a couple years through our distributors. Most of the operators participated & took advantage of it, as it was a cheaper way for us to get new carts at discounted prices. Mind you, they discontinued it sometime in late 1992 when the fighting craze hit because they no longer need it since carts started selling like hot cakes, but for that brief period, those were among the early generation carts that were being sent in the most.