AES/CD RGB cable connector.

Kujako

Quiz Detective
Looking to hook up a Neo Geo CD with RGBS, but the cables I'm finding are too expensive. Thinking I'll just make my own, but not sure where I can find the DIN connector with the center pin.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
console5.com has lots of din connectors, I'm sure you can find something that's suitable. One thing on the Neo, the pinout is mono only, so it may be a good idea to have a separate connector for audio going to the headphone jack on a home system or RCA jacks on the CD.

Kujako

Quiz Detective
console5.com has lots of din connectors, I'm sure you can find something that's suitable. One thing on the Neo, the pinout is mono only, so it may be a good idea to have a separate connector for audio going to the headphone jack on a home system or RCA jacks on the CD.

Thanks, think this is what I'm after. As for the mono audio, I had planned on doing RGBS video only and then just using the RCA jacks on the Neo Geo CD to run audio out.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Thanks, think this is what I'm after. As for the mono audio, I had planned on doing RGBS video only and then just using the RCA jacks on the Neo Geo CD to run audio out.

You need a C DIN, not a U DIN.

Kujako

Quiz Detective
You need a C DIN, not a U DIN.

Well poop... I guess I ordered the wrong part. Not seeing any order status or cancelation options.

Edit: Very responsive by email, getting it sorted. Thanks for the correction on the part I needed.

Last edited:

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
^^ YES!
a web search has the diagram for the socket pin-outs, doesn't appear to be anything special aside the old din style console socket... :D

Kujako

Quiz Detective
^^ YES!
a web search has the diagram for the socket pin-outs, doesn't appear to be anything special aside the old din style console socket... :D

Yup. Just gonna run wires out to some BNC connectors so I can hook it into my Extron scaler.