Bloodsport vs Kickboxer

Better movie?

• Total voters

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Bloodsport gave us Mortal Kombat.

You mean Enter the Dragon.

Also this...Van Damme had a dance cameo w/ Ozone & Turbo w/ Special K and cupcakes in Breakin. What a lot of people didn't realize, Tong Po is in there too.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
You mean Enter the Dragon.

Also this...Van Damme had a dance cameo w/ Ozone & Turbo w/ Special K and cupcakes in Breakin. What a lot of people didn't realize, Tong Po is in there too.

2:41 A better representation of JCVD dance skill

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
You guys know he fucked Kylie Minogue all over Thailand, right?

You guys know who Kylie Minogue is, right?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

And he did it while being strung out on coke the whole time.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member

Only the single greatest actress ever to bring Chun Li to the big screen.

Yeah, quite a few accounts say that during the shooting for that movie, JCVD cared about, in order, doing as much coke as possible, fucking Kylie Minogue, and then shooting the movie (if actual filming rated that high).

And Bloodsport, obviously.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Bloodsport, but I really love both movies.

This thread gave me the urge to seek out a few low tier martial arts flicks
I've never seen before.

Although I did fall asleep mid way, this beginning scene and song set a tone that instantly sold me.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member

Yeah, quite a few accounts say that during the shooting for that movie, JCVD cared about, in order, doing as much coke as possible, fucking Kylie Minogue, and then shooting the movie (if actual filming rated that high).

Kylie played Cammy not Chun...

Lionheart is also one of my favs...Did you know the end boss Attila is Tong Po's real life brother. Tong Po was also in Lionheart, he was the bald dude trying to bring Van damme back.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I liked Lionheart too, especially for the unique locations the fights took place in. I really liked the drained pool fight, and the squash/racketball room fight.

My top 3 JCVD movies from BITD were 1.Bloodsport, 2. Cyborg, 3. Lionheart. Honorable mention goes to Time Cop for being filmed in my home city, Vancouver BC.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
I refuse to vote because the right answer was left off of the options. Universal Soldier. Jean-Claude and Dolph Lundgren were the pinnacle of method acting of their era.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Y'all must be trolling because Cyborg is appallingly bad. Not bad in a good way, like No Retreat No Surrender, just baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member

This is correct, JCVD did a TON of coke. Looks like its finally caught up to him in his later years.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/j5nmd4/jean-claude-van-damme-street-fighter-movie-cocaine-vgtrn

Apart from actors getting punched on set and extras playing with actual knives, de Souza revealed in an oral history of Street Fighter that his star was pretty much always "coked out of his mind." Jean-Claude Van Damme starred as the all-American Colonel Guile—which didn’t really make sense considering he’s super Belgian—but he was the biggest action star around back then, and apparently Street Fighter had to have him. At the time he was struggling with a pretty serious cocaine addiction, snorting an estimated $10,000 worth of coke a week, and it allegedly made filming a nightmare.

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I refuse to vote because the right answer was left off of the options. Universal Soldier. Jean-Claude and Dolph Lundgren were the pinnacle of method acting of their era.

Public poll, bitch. You already voted for Bloodsport.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Y'all must be trolling because Cyborg is appallingly bad. Not bad in a good way, like No Retreat No Surrender, just baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Cyborg is one of my favorite JCVD movies. Creepy as fuck.

Loved Time Cop, Sudden Death, and Double Impact as well.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

While your opinion is 100% wrong, thank you for clarifying what I have come to understand is a general feeling for Cyborg.

You are wrong though, watch it again.