Bloodsport vs Kickboxer

Better movie?

• Total voters

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
While your opinion is 100% wrong, thank you for clarifying what I have come to understand is a general feeling for Cyborg.

You are wrong though, watch it again.

No you.

I re-watched it not too long ago actually, while in the midst of a Van Damme kick. Yep, still terrible.

The characters are named after guitar parts. The script would be rejected by the Power Rangers. Cyborg manages to make 80 odd minutes seem more like 800. Completely devoid of any entertainment value whatsoever.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
No you.

I re-watched it not too long ago actually, while in the midst of a Van Damme kick. Yep, still terrible.

The characters are named after guitar parts. The script would be rejected by the Power Rangers. Cyborg manages to make 80 odd minutes seem more like 800. Completely devoid of any entertainment value whatsoever.

Dude, you like Fulci films. Your argument is moot.

Plus you’re watching a JCVD film.

I really don’t see a problem with anything you’ve said.

Cyborg rules!

MrRobotFactory

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Bloodsport hands down.
I remember going back renting both Bloodsport and Double Impact several times back in the early 90's.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I like Cyborg. Fender's sunglasses go through as much as Smith's in The Matrix. But Cyborg is like '89 while Mad Max is like '79, so the former sure knows its limits. I also like Nemesis by the way, and always felt Alex Raine became later Jake Armitage in Shadowrun. All in all, Pyun had his moments among B-movies of the Reagan Era.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Watched Universal Solider last night, still awesome.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Says that in a JVCD thread. Like there’s a difference. Wyo is my homie, brah, piss off.
JCVD (you can't even spell a 4 letter acronym) is to Seagal as Harrison Ford is to Richard Grieco.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
In Hell, directed by Ringo Lam. Wrongfully imprisoned in a bleak Russian prison and made to fight in sudden death matches for the entertainment of the officials, guards and other inmates. This is a great JCVD film.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
In Hell, directed by Ringo Lam. Wrongfully imprisoned in a bleak Russian prison and made to fight in sudden death matches for the entertainment of the officials, guards and other inmates. This is a great JCVD film.

Never watched IN Hell but for a minute there I thought you were talking about Death Warrant.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I think the second most important JCVD movie is TimeCop. It's about this website. Think about it.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Oh, you got me there, Gadget. Triggered by a typo, like it matters. It’s about as relevant as trying to discern a difference between Van Damme and Seagal films. I guess I can appreciate that these minor things bug an autist.

Dummy? Haha, keep trying hard.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Anyone notice Faust gets super defensive about anything, even if you're just ribbin him. Like a gravelite.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Seagal has never made a movie as good as Hard Target. On the other hand, Seagal is notable for being the first person to wear a hairpiece goatee in regular life.

Steven_Seagal_November_2016.jpg

And as others have pointed out, he is an unusual martial artist in that he eschews kicking. He's so fat, he can barely kick off his shoes.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Seagal has never made a movie as good as Hard Target. On the other hand, Seagal is notable for being the first person to wear a hairpiece goatee in regular life.

Steven_Seagal_November_2016.jpg

And as others have pointed out, he is an unusual martial artist in that he eschews kicking. He's so fat, he can barely kick off his shoes.

Aikido isn’t really about direct strikes with the foot. I think Seagal’s appeal was in how exotic Aikido was at a time when we had “Kung fu movies.” After Seagal, we saw CQC become a household term. Was he a shitty actor? Yeah. But Aikido is fucking cool. The only problem is that it’s more of a complementary style, where the practitioner should have a solid foundation with another striking form like shotokan. That’s not really a problem though. Just no one wants to really watch karate as much as other forms on film.

Grimsby-pube-beard-gif.gif

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

You've got me thinking really hard about if Marked for Death or Above the Law are better or worse than Hard Target. Hard Target is probably better.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Hard Target is better, no doubt about it. Nowhere to Run was another good one.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Nowhere to Run was not good.

Hard Target was a joke, except the scene where JCVD kicks the gas tank and shots it midair. For perspective, Broken Arrow fucking sucked, and maybe John Woo simply wasn’t good at American cinema. After Time Cop, the best movie was Maximum Risk.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Nowhere to Run was not good.

Hard Target was a joke, except the scene where JCVD kicks the gas tank and shots it midair. For perspective, Broken Arrow fucking sucked, and maybe John Woo simply wasn’t good at American cinema. After Time Cop, the best movie was Maximum Risk.

I thought Maximum Risk was another good one but you're wrong about Nowhere to Run and Hard Target. Both were good JCVD movies. That's almost as bad as Wyo's opinion on Cyborg.