4 Slot MVS candy cab monitor double image/scrolling - Help appreciated

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
While testing a Last Blade 2 cart recently, the monitor in my MVS began behaving very strangely. The image seems to have duplicated itself, and it is scrolling vertically at varying speeds.

For a couple days, if I left the cab powered off for a couple hours, it would be normal when I powered it on again. It begins scrolling immediately now, however.

- 4 slot candy cab (early all metal one)
- Unibios 2.2 (I know, I know...)
- For this most recent round of testing, slots are as follows: 1 - empty, 2 - Magician Lord, 3 - KOF 97, 4 - KOF 98 (Though, the cart combination doesn't seem to have any influence on the issue).

I'll update this post with more info soon, but here's an example picture for now:

I've attempted to mess with the pots, though they seem to be accessible only by a very, very long screwdriver. The ones that I can reach don't seem to do anything though. It's worth noting that there is not a pot labeled 'v hold' on this machine. I'll post a picture of the pots soon.

Any ideas what might be going on here? Any help is very, very much appreciated.

If anybody with the knowledge to isolate this issue is willing to skype/facetime and take a look, I would be happy to compensate you for your time.

Please let me know what info you need, and I'll be happy to provide it.

Thanks everybody.

Last edited: