Kunio-kun: The World Classics Collection

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Siliconera said:
Here’s the updated list of titles that will be in the collection that we know so far:

• Downtown Nekketsu Koshinkyoku
  • Nekketsu Koukou Dodge Ball Bu
  • Nekketsu Kakutou Densetsu
  • Nekketsu! Street Basket: Ganbare Dunk Heroes
  • Nekketsu Koukou Dodge Ball Bu: Soccer Hen
  • Bikkuri Nekketsu Shinkiroku: Harukanaru Kin Medal
  • Kunio-kun no Nekketsu Soccer League
  • Ike Ike! Nekketsu Hockey Bu
  • Shodai Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-kun
  • Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari
  • Downtown Special: Kunio-kun no Jidaigeki da yo Zen’in Shugo!
  • Hanazono Koukou Dodge Ball Bu
  • Renegade
  • Super Dodge Ball, River City Ransom
  • Crash ‘n the Boys Street Challenge
  • Double Dragon
  • Double Dragon II
  • Double Dragon III
Kunio-kun: The World Classics Collection releases in Japan on December 20, 2018 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
Link

I'm not sure we're lucky enough to get this released in English, so importing will be mighty tempting.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I doubt we will see an English release. I plan to import it, now that they are adding DD to the mix, but not sure whether to get the physical or digital release. I hope they go with the NES DD releases, mainly because DD2 NES is my favorite. The screenshot at the Gematsu.com article suggests they are going with the NES games:

Kunio-Kun-Collection-Double-Dragon_10-18-18.jpg

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I'm gonna buy the physical copy. It Def would be nice for a US release, but either way it's a killer list of games.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I always forget DD are Kunio games.

But why is DD 3 so terrible??

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
This looks sweet, will definitely have to get an order in at Amazon. Thanks for the heads up Yoshi!

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Hmm states multi-language.
If I had to guess, I'd say that's because some of the western releases are included. I doubt anything is being translated, one way or the other.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I always forget DD are Kunio games.

But why is DD 3 so terrible??

I wouldn't say terrible, just hard as fuck. Damn near impossible to beat.

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
This was in an email from Play Asia today.

Looks like a multilingual Asian release.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181023-191901.png
    Screenshot_20181023-191901.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 173
  • Screenshot_20181023-191901~2.png
    Screenshot_20181023-191901~2.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 171
Last edited:

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
If I had to guess, I'd say that's because some of the western releases are included. I doubt anything is being translated, one way or the other.
I did wonder about that,games which were released in the u.s will just have the english option.I been thinking i may import it any ways since having most of the kuino-kun games in a collection is rather convenient.

ChopstickSamurai

0c176e158c0eead5e7c0ed5407fd6caa.jpg

Mine showed up today. Played around a bit with it this evening and it seems pretty cool. Lots of display and sound options as one would expect with a modern retro collection release. Anyone else pick it up?

ChopstickSamurai

Does it actually have English?

The Japanese games are in Japanese, but the menus and all else are in English including the English games. The Japanese games also have synopsizes in English which is also nice.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Chopstick, do all games come with English option? This is interesting for a couple of the titles.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member

Like Chopstick says, the Japanese games are left in Japanese, while the main menu and everything in it are in English, and I'm guessing it won't get a Western release in this state, and I don't see them modifying the Japanese roms.

I'm still getting it though.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Like Chopstick says, the Japanese games are left in Japanese, while the main menu and everything in it are in English, and I'm guessing it won't get a Western release in this state, and I don't see them modifying the Japanese roms.

I'm still getting it though.

Ha! I'd meant to post something sooner - watched a movie - and then responded later without refreshing my browser. Doh!

The games look great. Love the Famicom art as bezel - the games had incredible packaging. So much joy in all the little details of those games.

Thanks guys.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Bought the JP Switch version last night, the seller I got it from said that the JP version has english menus as well. We'll soon see.

ChopstickSamurai

It’s worth noting the PS4 trophies are in English too if that’s your thing. It’s nice knowing what you did at least when a notification pops up. :)

I also picked up the R3 Capcom Belt Action release for PS4 as well. From what I can tell it’s the same as the PSN release, but it has a nice English reversible cover.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Bought the JP Switch version last night, the seller I got it from said that the JP version has english menus as well. We'll soon see.
Please report back, as that's likely the version I would choose, all else being equal.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Definitely buying that, totally missed this thread in the 1st place.