If I buy a Neo Geo CD console, should I absolutely expect to replace the laser?

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Again, the Neo isn't 90% fighters. You can check the master list if you need proof.
I'm just over exaggerating to make a point. I'm clearly a fan of the cd but I think its not worth the bother anymore for most. As I think you need a cdz to get the value out of it.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
I'm just over exaggerating to make a point. I'm clearly a fan of the cd but I think its not worth the bother anymore for most. As I think you need a cdz to get the value out of it.

99% would've been more convincing

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Again, the Neo isn't 90% fighters. You can check the master list if you need proof.
Yes, but it seems like it's 90% fighters, the way fighters dominate the Neo Geo system. Fighters are 90% of what the system is known for. Unless maybe if you include the popularity of the Metal Slug series.
Some of the games on the Master List are not well known, or played by many people.

Last edited:

Almightyburner

Kabuki Klasher
After watching a couple of those loading comparison videos......Honestly, I think I would use that loading time to smoke a bowl, or some fraction of one.

Also, although I LOVE SS+SS2, I'm kinda into Puzzle Bobble, MS and space shmups just as much. When I was a kid I liked WH, but I find it a bit unplayable nowadays. I recently played LB2 for the first time and liked it, but not significantly more than SS2.
FF and KOTF just never did it for me. I preferred SF2.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
The NeoCd belongs in the trash. It should have never been released. It's a mistake, a abomination.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
The NeoCd belongs in the trash. It should have never been released. It's a mistake, a abomination.

You should spend more time posting the same thought in this thread over and over again.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
After watching a couple of those loading comparison videos......Honestly, I think I would use that loading time to smoke a bowl, or some fraction of one.

Also, although I LOVE SS+SS2, I'm kinda into Puzzle Bobble, MS and space shmups just as much. When I was a kid I liked WH, but I find it a bit unplayable nowadays. I recently played LB2 for the first time and liked it, but not significantly more than SS2.
FF and KOTF just never did it for me. I preferred SF2.

I still to this day don’t get why everyone keeps comparing Neo geo fighting games to the shining force series!

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
My impression has always been that it was a relative success for SNK in Japan. Hard to call it a mistake. I enjoyed it very much back in the day.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
If the NGCD had not been gimped, it could have been great. As it is, it's still pretty good. Much better AV output than the AES, some exclusive titles + extras, plus when you get a game, it comes with a free built in soundtrack CD! If someone could release an ODE at a similar price point as the Rhea/GDEMU/etc, I think it would be a compelling alternative to the expensive NeoSD and DS multis.

edd_jedi

NEST Puppet
If someone could release an ODE at a similar price point as the Rhea/GDEMU/etc, I think it would be a compelling alternative to the expensive NeoSD and DS multis.

Yeah that's what I'm hoping, I think that would hugely increase the demand (and therefore price) for NGCDs too. It certainly has for the Sega Saturn.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
If the NGCD had not been gimped, it could have been great. As it is, it's still pretty good. Much better AV output than the AES, some exclusive titles + extras, plus when you get a game, it comes with a free built in soundtrack CD! If someone could release an ODE at a similar price point as the Rhea/GDEMU/etc, I think it would be a compelling alternative to the expensive NeoSD and DS multis.

Truth ^

And yeah it may whack the prices up more on the consoles but they aint that expensive now.

May also drive the game price down but prob not.

Baseley09

Hair Group,
Neo CD soundtracks are the best on any system released, and the loading is quicker than xbox one x. Just avoid KOF beyond 94 and you are golden.