Legend of Xanadu

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Gaiz,

Legend of Xanadu I and II look so stylish. Has anyone played them? What is the intensity of the language barrier, from "negligible" to "you'll need a translation guide"?

Thank you.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Guide highly suggested if you don't know moon language.The fan translation for the pce version are still being worked on.Last i checked,there's a script ready but there's also a fan english dub in the works as well.

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Tried the first one when I had it but couldn’t understand a thing.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
legend of xanadu was a game i had my eye on for a long time when i was big into the pc engine because of the same reason. very stylish game that looks like i would highly enjoy.

and this was years ago, and if there's still no translation, then i wouldn't get my hopes up. but i do know that there are walkthroughs online which people seem to be ok with.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Legend of Xanadu II is a very stylish game, sort of a Final Fantasy in an action-rpg garment. I'm a big fan of playing untranslated action-adventures/action-rpgs in their original language, i.e. japanese. It's crucial, though, that the story content is in perfect balance with the action capacity. From my experience, a perfect balance is around 70 (action) to 30 (story). Unfortunately, in LoXII this is reversed, which makes this game not recommendable to play through w/o knowing japanese.

If you look for recommended titles, just let me know. Not knowing what is said can actually add to the experience, it's like an extra puzzle to solve, and makes otherwise too easy games all the more enjoyable. And the story? It practically unfolds in your imagination, which is sometimes even more fulfilling. I already played through four games this way and am constantly searching for new candidates on every platform, where the action/complexity ratio is in favor of a gaijin.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Highly playable with a FAQ/guide in hand. Highly recommended as well. Gorgeous games.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Thank you my sons.

The game looks cheap enough to mess around with and maybe I'll follow a guide. If it's too much of a pain in the ass, I'll wait for the fan translation.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Thank you my sons.

The game looks cheap enough to mess around with and maybe I'll follow a guide. If it's too much of a pain in the ass, I'll wait for the fan translation.

I bet if you wait until the fan translation - some numbnuts on youtube will make a video about it and prices will go up as peeps go straight to eGay.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Works for me, I'm sitting on a NOS copy of the games :lolz:

Yeah, it’s not that rare. I’ve had a few sealed copies of both over the years. Fuck sitting on them though, I don’t need the clutter.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
Anybody know how to start the msx version? I can’t get past the title screen.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
The deed has been done. Got LoX for $15 shipped. Konami Wai Wai World somehow slipped into my cart as well.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Never played them, but have always wanted to.

Faxanadu is one of all-time favorite games though.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Yeah, it’s not that rare. I’ve had a few sealed copies of both over the years. Fuck sitting on them though, I don’t need the clutter.

Rare has nothing to do with the new stupidity in the hobby driving up prices hahah