marijuana legalization

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I just can't get behind recreational use though, so, I'm voting "no" on the proposal.
So it's ok to recreationally drink alcohol till the point of blacking out, or smoking cigarettes to lead to lung cancer (and other problems), but not ok for someone wanting to get high and binge netflix on the couch? What's the logic here?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I don't believe in smoking tobacco or drinking alcohol either, and given the choice, which I know isn't going to happen, I would vote to make both of those activities illegal. The world would be a better and healthier place for everyone.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I don't believe in smoking tobacco or drinking alcohol either, and given the choice, which I know isn't going to happen, I would vote to make both of those activities illegal. The world would be a better and healthier place for everyone.

If only at some point in history alcohol was illegal and we could've learned from that. Nope, guess not!

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I can't get my head around why one person would think it's ok for them to dictate to another person what they should or shouldn't do in their own free time with their own consciousness.

@M

20 Year Member
@roker: I agree that it's probably going to pass, but, only time will tell.

@madman: Yes, I know Prohibition was a complete failure, and doing it a second time would likely bring the same results.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I can't get my head around why one person would think it's ok for them to dictate to another person what they should or shouldn't do in their own free time with their own consciousness.

money and minority persecution

Police get less money to use for marijuana busts, but this is a moot point in my opinion, we should use that budget for REAL crimes like, I dunno, gun trafficking, human trafficking, murderers, etc. Make no mistake, civil forfeiture (which is still a problem even with legalization) and state budget for "fighting" marijuana (even down to clogging up courts with unnecessary possession charges) related crimes is big.

We need to fill up jails, jails are filled with minorities (black, mexican, whatever), what better way to do than to go after the "hoodlums" that use and sell this? /joke

It's a burden on our system and even if you don't smoke, it makes no sense in my opinion to oppose it if you care about society and our tax dollars.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Michigan, my state, has legalization on the ballot this November. Medical weed is currently legal here, but this is for recreational use. I don't have a problem with weed for medical purposes, because, while I don't use it, I know a lot of sick people who find that it really does help them with their pain and other problems. I just can't get behind recreational use though, so, I'm voting "no" on the proposal.

Detroit needs anything it can to draw in people.

The people mover doesn't count.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Note there's virtually no warnings when you buy MJ. It's still smoke going into your lungs. Some lawyers are gonna get paid in the next decade as cancer starts to proliferate again.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I live a clean life, dont do drugs, smoke or alcohol...With that said, its been legal in my state for a year now or has it been two...Still nothing change...They should just legalize all drugs. If people want to get fucked up, then let them.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Note there's virtually no warnings when you buy MJ. It's still smoke going into your lungs. Some lawyers are gonna get paid in the next decade as cancer starts to proliferate again.

that's fine. I for one am tired of hearing potheads claim that marijuana never killed anyone.

Marek

Banned

Good luck with that

There are so many other options to take in THC and the other cannabinoids that do not burn organic matter

The fact that theres an alternative will make that case very expensive to make, and imo unlikely to succeed.

@M

20 Year Member
That's true. I am far less concerned with edible or topical applications (cannabis oil is particularly popular with MS sufferers).

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
that's fine. I for one am tired of hearing potheads claim that marijuana never killed anyone.

yeah, or the guys that act like it's a vitamin or some shit. I like beer. I drink beer. Then you have the guy that tries to give me shit about it and I'm like 'I don't wake up and drink beer.' In fact, I have a calendar that shows I don't drink beer in the morning or midday (vacations not included), but some of these fuckers are like breakfast, lunch, and dinner with that shit. Like all day. You're self medicating. I get it, it's not as dangerous as drinking, that doesn't mean you should get high all fucking day long and also the excuse "well at least I don't drink all day, it's better that I smoke" again, stupidity, you shouldn't be getting fucked up all day (exceptions for sick people, etc.), get out there and do something with your life.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

eat, vape.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
yeah, or the guys that act like it's a vitamin or some shit. I like beer. I drink beer. Then you have the guy that tries to give me shit about it and I'm like 'I don't wake up and drink beer.' In fact, I have a calendar that shows I don't drink beer in the morning or midday (vacations not included), but some of these fuckers are like breakfast, lunch, and dinner with that shit. Like all day. You're self medicating. I get it, it's not as dangerous as drinking, that doesn't mean you should get high all fucking day long and also the excuse "well at least I don't drink all day, it's better that I smoke" again, stupidity, you shouldn't be getting fucked up all day (exceptions for sick people, etc.), get out there and do something with your life.

It's like anything else...a person can make nearly anything bad, I really don't care what it is. For years I was an emotional eater and most here know where that went. I told myself that I wasn't doing drugs, so it was ok. In the end, I turned something necessary for life into a drug that easily could have landed up killing me.

Pot is what it is...it can be useful, it can be fun, it can ruin your life. It had nothing to do with the plant and everything to do with the user.

eat, vape.

Exactly, we are ensconced in carcinogens...LOL@ someone thinking they're safe because they don't smoke.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Good luck with that

There are so many other options to take in THC and the other cannabinoids that do not burn organic matter

The fact that theres an alternative will make that case very expensive to make, and imo unlikely to succeed.

are you talking about CBD?

Fuck that shit. It's like telling a guy that they can fertilize eggs without the horrible act of coitus.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Go Canada!

Makes sense, huge potential industry and at the same time undercutting the illicit market.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Shit, I'm actually agreeing w/smoke on multiple points. I wish I never found this thread!

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member

That's not true. At least not in California or Las Vegas. When you buy from a dispensary, whether it be bud or concentrates, there are warning labels clear as day about inhalation may cause lung cancer or birth defects for the preggers, just like cigarette packaging minus the grotesque photo images.
That was one of the stipulations around legalization being approved. Some dispensaries even take it one step further and mention mixing alcohol while smoking MJ may cause serious health issues.

Marek

Banned
are you talking about CBD?

Fuck that shit. It's like telling a guy that they can fertilize eggs without the horrible act of coitus.

I dont understand.

Are you unaware of CBD's game changing effect on various kinds of siezures or are you trolling me?

CBD alone has made republican lawmakers change rules to allow it medically even in states where there is no medical marijuana use.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Legalising weed is probably the biggest game changer across the board since the internet. And it will spread around the world within the coming decades.
Prostitution and other drugs should be next.
Legalising something to me is equal to dealing with it rather than trying to erase it, even though it is a part of everyday life and who we are. Making some of these things legal means you can properly administrate them. Or try to.

Last edited:

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Legalising weed is probably the biggest game changer across the board since the internet.

Legalizing weed = invention of the internet. Ok, sure. You high, cous?

Edit: don't care about weed at all but it does less harm than binge drinking straight whiskey all night judging by the headache the day after.

Last edited: