marijuana legalization

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Legalizing weed = invention of the internet. Ok, sure. You high, cous?

He's not saying it's equivalent, but you name me a bigger social change in the last 30 years than the legalisation of a recreational drug that is currently the reason for hundreds of thousands, maybe millions, living in cages across the world.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
He's not saying it's equivalent, but you name me a bigger social change in the last 30 years than the legalisation of a recreational drug that is currently the reason for hundreds of thousands, maybe millions, living in cages across the world.

VGA grading.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
Did any of you guys buy into any of these Canadian company's stock in prior months?

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Did any of you guys buy into any of these Canadian company's stock in prior months?

Nope. A pothead buddy of mine was telling me to get in, but the prices went up so quickly by the time I did research I didn't bother. I'm on the sideline for now. Canopy was the big one he mentioned, looks like it's nearly doubled since he first told me about it.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Yes. I was on the TLRY train at $75, and got weak hands at $90. I held CGC for a while but when my stop loss order triggered a few weeks ago, I said fuck it. I have held Aurora Cannabis since $6, and kind of wonder if I should have sold at 11.50 a few days ago. I think there's a ton of bullshit in the market though. Lots of phony companies experiencing pump n dumps. a good example is IGC (google it and you'll quickly find a link to an article showing how this former construction company shifted to bitcoin and now is a MJ company...). Social media like reddit has allowed scammers to hype shit stocks and sell the fake news (news with a fine print disclaimer at the end of the article, far down where most shitheads don't read, admitted that it was paid for by the company the article spoke so glowingly about).

If I am the SEC and TSX, I am hiring more investigators. But I don't think they have any idea.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It's nearly impossible to research funds online. Everything you find is essentially a giant fake ad.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It's nearly impossible to research funds online. Everything you find is essentially a giant fake ad.

The real problem is that the circus acts from crypto came to $weed after they saw all the willing pothead kiddies.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I'm sure some of these ventures have made inroads into the crypto currency field. Just to complicate matters further

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm sure some of these ventures have made inroads into the crypto currency field. Just to complicate matters further

Sure but crypto ended up being a bunch of investment abuses based on fomo mentality and unsophisticated investors. The money shifted from those crypto’s to $weed.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Sure but crypto ended up being a bunch of investment abuses based on fomo mentality and unsophisticated investors. The money shifted from those crypto’s to $weed.

You don't suspect that maybe it's a future system that's just not there yet? As south as it all went, bitcoin has been stable at 6000+ for a while. Which is a lot more than it was worth a few years ago. I would say that it is being artificially sustained, but the Blockchain is maybe just way too green just now.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You don't suspect that maybe it's a future system that's just not there yet? As south as it all went, bitcoin has been stable at 6000+ for a while. Which is a lot more than it was worth a few years ago. I would say that it is being artificially sustained, but the Blockchain is maybe just way too green just now.

Strictly speaking about it on the secondary trading markets (like nyse, Nasdaq, Russell 2k, tsx) a lot of the crypto were hard for regulators to regulate. In fact, the original goal of crypto from the 90s bbs groups was a currency that would be self regulating and outside the jurisdiction of states.

As a potential technology for currency, I think it has some immediate use and really want to see gambling sites use it to circumvent state gambling laws (assuming its not a real currency). This will lead to the critical characteristic that every currency needs: acceptability.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Strictly speaking about it on the secondary trading markets (like nyse, Nasdaq, Russell 2k, tsx) a lot of the crypto were hard for regulators to regulate. In fact, the original goal of crypto from the 90s bbs groups was a currency that would be self regulating and outside the jurisdiction of states.

As a potential technology for currency, I think it has some immediate use and really want to see gambling sites use it to circumvent state gambling laws (assuming its not a real currency). This will lead to the critical characteristic that every currency needs: acceptability.

Really interesting

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Blockchain was developed to be self-regulating and cut out the middleman. Now that insane money is made & lost through digital currencies, governmental bodies go berserk 'because we have to control this madness'. The idea that something so pivotal to any economy as money (albeit in the form of crypto's) goes unregulated for a long time is naive. There is also the major issue of reliability. Crypto values fluctuate to a degree that you cannot count on them to be of any reliable value for an extended period of time. Crypto's will mostly remain a valuable currency in illegal circles, but they won't hit mainstream any time soon I believe. And when it does, dealing in crypto's will be just as interesting as dealing in regular currencies. Blockchain tech will soon provide a real threat to a lot of sectors where intermediairies make their living though. Pretty sure we'll see it taking off in the next 7/8 years.

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
Spoiler:
so Canada made pot legal today, the first major country to do so. Im curious about others thoughts. Good thing or bad thing? Is it inevitable that other countries will follow?

Discuss

Its certainly surreal going on a government site that sells bongs and pipes.
:D
good news for sure, just keep in mind the actual police, mounted or otherwise.
any citizen is at their whims and arbitration.
UK had a decriminalization period of the same some time back, turned out if the arresting officer on the street said it was a crime, it was gospel. :(
thus rendering the lipservice null and void.
as it stands today, the police are more hardlined than they ever have been in the past clamping down on pot...and online hatespeech.
things are FAR worse today, can't go to a friend and score as easy since the 911 inside job... :mad:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Spoiler:
:D
good news for sure, just keep in mind the actual police, mounted or otherwise.
any citizen is at their whims and arbitration.
UK had a decriminalization period of the same some time back, turned out if the arresting officer on the street said it was a crime, it was gospel. :(
thus rendering the lipservice null and void.
as it stands today, the police are more hardlined than they ever have been in the past clamping down on pot...and online hatespeech.
things are FAR worse today, can't go to a friend and score as easy since the 911 inside job... :mad:

Cannabis in the UK was briefly moved from class b to class c, it's not at all the same thing as the move the Canadians have made.

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
YES, exactly.
yet what does that mean on paper?
and doesn't address or say nothing of the carte blanch reach and say of the arresting officer.
what UK did was a shitty move that only served to point out the truth and fuel the far-right to the level of history repeats... :mad:
yeah, totally different move, but any copper can say a banana is a gun, and have it hold up in court, same for leftists. :(

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Nope. A pothead buddy of mine was telling me to get in, but the prices went up so quickly by the time I did research I didn't bother. I'm on the sideline for now. Canopy was the big one he mentioned, looks like it's nearly doubled since he first told me about it.

Probably a good idea, they were great investments at first but after a while they became very volatile bubbles. There was zero market and it was all speculation, better off just taking your money to Vegas. Alot of those companies are dropping like crazy now. Aurora just had a horrible IPO