marijuana legalization

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
so Canada made pot legal today, the first major country to do so. Im curious about others thoughts. Good thing or bad thing? Is it inevitable that other countries will follow?

Discuss

Its certainly surreal going on a government site that sells bongs and pipes.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
It's inevitable, especially considering the amount of tax revenue coming into the state economies. I don't partake, but honestly it's about as natural of a drug as you're going to have, with some medical uses that are more effective and less destructive than pharmacy drugs.

Nothing is good in excess, as always indulge responsibly.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Like everything else, the US will be in the dark ages for the next couple of decades.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
long overdue. pretty sure alcohol has ruined more lives than weed ever will.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
As someone in a state where it’s legal, and I partake - amazing news.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Good thing, no doubt. Get it out of the shady circuit.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

Mmhh... I sorta agree with you...

The A & E departments in the NHS are filled with drunks who do stoopid stuff on a night out... binge drinking is a fact of life for some folks...

I don't see this happening anytime soon in the UK tho... even though I'd support it...

xROTx

PS. As for agreeing with you... I won't make a habit of it... you're one crazy German fook... :keke:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
the US would lose it's whole slave......i mean "prisoner" labor force.
seriously, what would happen to all the people already in jail?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Like everything else, the US will be in the dark ages for the next couple of decades.

We still mix too much religion with politics...that and I'm sure the lobbyists for the alcohol industry are paying a pretty penny to keep their competition low.

It seem that the only people who still think pot is "evil" are the bible thumpers or those who have never tried it. Having dealt plenty with alcoholics and "pot heads"...I'll take the pot heads any day of the week.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
It's not my bag, but I see no reason not to legalize it. As mentioned, weed isn't ruining lives except for those who choose to be lazy slackers and get high all day. And too many lives are being ruined for possessing a plant. Living in Illinois I'd welcome the tax money the state could make off it. I see zero downsides.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Living in Illinois I'd welcome the tax money the state could make off it. I see zero downsides.

This is a HUGE one, Illinois is in a serious fuck-bucket with revenue/payout liabilities, I can't imagine how that wouldn't help put at least a small dent in the problem.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
It's not my bag, but I see no reason not to legalize it. As mentioned, weed isn't ruining lives except for those who choose to be lazy slackers and get high all day. And too many lives are being ruined for possessing a plant. Living in Illinois I'd welcome the tax money the state could make off it. I see zero downsides.

I agree, not my thing but I don't see what the big deal is. Everyone who smokes, already does illegally, so why not make legal. Plus, you mentioned the tax money which would help.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
And NeoSneth is right...for profit prisons are a part of many problems here in the US.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
And NeoSneth is right...for profit prisons are a part of many problems here in the US.

100% agree...too many prisons filled with non violent offenders all with a few at the top making billions to house them necessarily.

(I'm asking this in complete ignorance as I have not researched it) I wonder what would happen to non violent marijuana crime related offenders currently in jail should it become legal on a state/federal level. Would they be released or would it be "well, it was illegal when you did it" kind of garbage.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
100% agree...too many prisons filled with non violent offenders all with a few at the top making billions to house them necessarily.

(I'm asking this in complete ignorance as I have not researched it) I wonder what would happen to non violent marijuana crime related offenders currently in jail should it become legal on a state/federal level. Would they be released or would it be "well, it was illegal when you did it" kind of garbage.

"Well it was illegal when you did it"

In saying that, in North and South Carolina now, if you have a previous offense of possession, you can get it expunged from your record permanently for 100 bucks. It also has just turned into a citation instead of an arrest now for possession up to an ounce I believe? We have a vote coming up to legalize it here and the bible thumpers are raging mad about it. South Carolina wants to go straight to recreational and the North is having a cow.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Same as a few of the other posters here i don't bother with it, (the couple times i've tried it it's torn my head off) but i'd have no problem with it being legal, got a lot of stoner mate's who've smoked it for 30 plus years and have worked, raised a family, bought they're house etc etc with no ill effect's, it's all about moderation same as alcohol.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
so Canada made pot legal today, the first major country to do so. Im curious about others thoughts. Good thing or bad thing? Is it inevitable that other countries will follow?

Discuss

Its certainly surreal going on a government site that sells bongs and pipes.
All drugs should be decrminalized and legalised.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I think the draw of the $75bn market in the US will eventually turn the old white republicans keeping the drug dealers rich.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The ingestion of drugs should be controlled the same way clorox is.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Good thing. Weed is so benign, there's no good reason it shouldn't be legal compared to what substances are out there now.

Economy-wise Canada is going to see a good boost, and hopefully put that extra revenue into making up for being fucked over by America's new trilateral trade agreement. "ohhh but the dairy farmers!" Fuck off.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Michigan, my state, has legalization on the ballot this November. Medical weed is currently legal here, but this is for recreational use. I don't have a problem with weed for medical purposes, because, while I don't use it, I know a lot of sick people who find that it really does help them with their pain and other problems. I just can't get behind recreational use though, so, I'm voting "no" on the proposal.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Good thing. Weed is so benign, there's no good reason it shouldn't be legal compared to what substances are out there now.

This has long got me, it is legal for someone to sit at work near stoned out of their mind on Rx drugs (if prescribed), but yet pot is illegal.

Michigan, my state, has legalization on the ballot this November. Medical weed is currently legal here, but this is for recreational use. I don't have a problem with weed for medical purposes, because, while I don't use it, I know a lot of sick people who find that it really does help them with their pain and other problems. I just can't get behind recreational use though, so, I'm voting "no" on the proposal.

We're getting closer here in Illinois. Medical is legal, but the list of stipulations is long and you basically have to be dying of something horrific to be eligible. Possession under a certain weight (which is quite a bit if my memory serves me correctly) is now just a simple fine.

The big issue is that it is still illegal on a federal level. Case in point; my job has a zero policy on it. Get popped for it, get let go. Say Ill makes it legal for rec use...my company can still fire me for using it. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken on this but I recall seeing that this happened to someone in Colorado, he was fired from his job for using legal weed, took them to court, the court upheld the federal law and the companies claim.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Not much of a smoker these days (where were these laws in my 20s!), but I'm only 30 mins from Windsor, so I guess I'll make a trip there sooner or later just to check it out. But seriously, it's nearly legal here. We just don't have bars/cafes where you can have a smoke and chill like in Amsterdam.