My Windjammers Shockbox insert

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
15e94971d306fbe0deb27b09cf72fb09.png

I can upload the full resolution version to my Dropbox. I got my copy last night and decided to put together something while at work a bit higher resolution than what I was able to find for Windjammers insert. It started as cleaning up the one I really like by NeoCverA but turned into ended up changing

I might work on some others but I (usually) I like having art that is similar to the US AES cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
That was a great idea! It looks really good! This is based off Ps4 ,right??? That color scheme is SICK! The Illustration is an improvement over the original. You cropped it perfectly!
The only thing I'm not a fan of is the outlining of the SNK logo and the Windjammers logo looks like it needs to be adjusted a tad to the right on the front cover.
BB
Great work!!
BB

Last edited:

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
That was a great idea! It looks really good! This is based off Ps4 ,right??? That color scheme is SICK! The Illustration is an improvement over the original. You cropped it perfectly!
The only thing I'm not a fan of is the outlining of the SNK logo and the Windjammers logo looks like it needs to be adjusted a tad to the right on the front cover.
BB
Great work!!
BB

Thanks! Yeah it's based on the PS4 cover. I used this piece https://www.destructoid.com//ul/458257-windjamhead.jpg

and I might redo it tomorrow at work so the cropping is more similar to this one https://www.flyingpowerdisc.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/playstation_gauche.png (i didn't even see this picture until now. My copy of the game has this art https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0912/7444/products/Windjammers-PS4-1.png?v=1510352803

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
I noticed some high quality AES style Shockbox inserts for these early games weren't readily available, so I've spent the last couple days working on them with higher resolution scans than what is currently out there for Shockboxes. Magician Lord was always difficult to scale to the proper size for a shockbox this with because of the purple splash background. Content aware in Photoshop makes this WAY easier than it used to be!

Top Players Golf was scanned with a warped insert, adjusted as well as I could. Thanks to DigMac for the scan!

Cyber-Lip was one of the harder ones to do, I couldn't find anyone who had a high resolution scan of the US release, but I was able to get the Japanese one. So I spent some time editing the Japanese insert (deleting the Neo Geo logo, adding logos, and replacing the Japanese text with English (some parts were pretty difficult because the text overlapped screen shots on the back). Thanks BigBear for helping identify the font!

Cyberlipinsert_NR.jpg

magicianlord_NR.jpg

TopPlayersGOlf.jpg