New Analogue console: Mega SG

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I’m still waiting for my pizza.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Not officially endorsed by Sega. Certain forums will snub it.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
FPGA again, eh. Gimme a proper one with proper timing and we can talk.

What's "analogue" about that?

HD Genny? Not interested.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
That's a pre-order for me. Can run basically every cartridge based system with the exception of the 32x from the looks of it with their cart adapters. I loved my Super-NT, I'm sure I'll love this too...though I would be interested to see how it handles Sonic 2 split screen...my current setup doesn't run it anyways though.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
The hipsters are finally coming for Sega. Run for the hills!

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Good shit. Got the email too. Love the Super Nt, day one purchase for me.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Of course 8bitdo announces wireless controllers right after I order some from Krikzz.

So what’s up next for FPGA consoles since the Genesis has been done now?

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I mean they're eventually going to run out of systems to emulate. They're going to have to make a multi or find a different business model (if they're looking to become some sort of mainstay).

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
FPGA again, eh. Gimme a proper one with proper timing and we can talk.

What's "analogue" about that?

HD Genny? Not interested.

The reason they’re using FPGA is for proper timing. Their NES and Super NES have 100% compatibility with no glitches. FPGA is the same tech that makes the NeoSD able to be 100% with the entire Neo Library. If it still has Kevtris doing the machine code, this will be perfect

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
So what’s up next for FPGA consoles since the Genesis has been done now?
I really want a consolized NGPC system that outputs HDMI. That console has so many great titles to offer. The K2_VIDEO is pretty much unobtainium, and it's not really a nice consumer style product.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I really want a consolized NGPC system that outputs HDMI. That console has so many great titles to offer. The K2_VIDEO is pretty much unobtainium, and it's not really a nice consumer style product.

Now we’re talking. I would love something like this too.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Pretty cool that Game Gear games will be playable on a tv. I like the sound of it all, but it is hard for me to justify $200 on a system when I already have a Genesis and a PVM.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Pretty cool that Game Gear games will be playable on a tv. I like the sound of it all, but it is hard for me to justify $200 on a system when I already have a Genesis and a PVM.

Christof drama aside, I could only see myself buying something like this if I couldn’t have a CRT around.

Plastiq

n00b
No point if you have a Model 1 Genesis and an upscaler lmao. It's kind of a waste of money buying these.

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
Love the Super NT so I'm ready to throw down!

Looks sweet!

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member

can already gamegear with a retron or retro freak.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
That's a pre-order for me. Can run basically every cartridge based system with the exception of the 32x from the looks of it with their cart adapters. I loved my Super-NT, I'm sure I'll love this too...though I would be interested to see how it handles Sonic 2 split screen...my current setup doesn't run it anyways though.

So, how is this different from a Mega Everdrive? except for the HDMI part.