SCART and JP21 question - capture into Framemeister

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Wanted to see if anyone else had done this / get some input on my idea.

Capturing some arcade pcb light gun games into my Elgato HD 60 S.

Since they are light gun games I need to run them through my PVM so I can actually play the game itself.

Here is my setup

SUPERGUN - SCART OUT - SCART TO RGB BNC - INTO PVM - RGB BNC OUT TO JP21 FEMALE - MISSING PIECE - JP21 FEMALE TO MINI DIN - FRAMEMEISTER - HD 60 - COMPUTER

Since the BNC to JP21 is female, and the JP21 to mini din adapter is also female, that's where my issue is. I can't scissor them lol

My thought was as follows

If I plugged a SCART cable between the two, male both ends, and used my SCART to JP21 mini din adapter into the Framemeister, I'd correct any issues in incorrect pinouts from SCART to JP21 on the SCART cable connected between the BNC to JP21 female cable and the Framemeister

So it would look like

RGB BNC to female JP21 out of PVM - Scart male to male - SCART Female to Mini DIN JP21 info Framemeister.

Thoughts?

Trying to a) not buy a JP21 male to mini din adapter (don't really need it for any other reason, plus its backordered where I normally buy my cables) b) make what I have work and c) not toast my Framemeister

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Vendest

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
That will work and it is probably the cheapest solution since you already have most cables available but in my opinion that creates extra unnecessary lengths.
I'd make my own cable or get a dedicated cable for it but that's just me.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
That will work and it is probably the cheapest solution since you already have most cables available but in my opinion that creates extra unnecessary lengths.
I'd make my own cable or get a dedicated cable for it but that's just me.

I ended up sourcing a BNC to JP21 male cable, so I can eliminate the cable between the BNC out and Framemeister in