tiny squares screen?

Teluin

New Challenger
One of my games only seems to work occasionally. Usually it just goes to the screen of tiny white squares on a dark blue (and outer light blue as well) background. I CAN get the game to boot properly at times. Anyone know why this may be? It doesn't really happen with my other games.

RyuX

Crossed Swords Squire
One of my games only seems to work occasionally. Usually it just goes to the screen of tiny white squares on a dark blue (and outer light blue as well) background. I CAN get the game to boot properly at times. Anyone know why this may be? It doesn't really happen with my other games.

You are referring to the Crosshatch Screen which is usually showing up when no cart is inserted.
Clean the Cartridges Contacts with IPA Alcohol and/or use a fibre glas pen or fine sandpaper to get the contacts in proper shape again.

Also possible that you have some bad solder joints on the Cartridge itself - you would have to open it up and reflow all the solder joints in that case.

Teluin

New Challenger
Thanks. Pins are clean, but 1 has some scratch on it so thought that might be the case. Can check out the actual board as well. Cheers.