TCG/Collectible Card Game Thread

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
Currently playing the new version of Cardfight Vanguard. Getting my 10 year into Pokemon. He went 2-1 in his first tournament! Was so excited for him.

Nice. I've only taken my kid to a prerelease and she went 0-4. Jokes on them though, she got like 3 ultra rares in her pulls.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Pretty sure I have a box of MTG cards sitting in my parents' basement somewhere that's probably worth a few thousand dollars (mostly Revised/4th Edition). Might have to go digging the next time I'm there.

Revised and 4th edition are not worth much. But revised os starting to creep in value.

As far as revised goes, dual lands, and wheel of fortune, and demonic tutor are the only cards worth anything.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Revised and 4th edition are not worth much. But revised os starting to creep in value.

As far as revised goes, dual lands, and wheel of fortune, and demonic tutor are the only cards worth anything.

Don't remember much but I definitely had four or five dual lands and at least one demonic tutor. Not trying to retire off it or anything... just rather get rid of it all before it rots away, make a few bucks and make some MTG fan happy.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Don't remember much but I definitely had four or five dual lands and at least one demonic tutor. Not trying to retire off it or anything... just rather get rid of it all before it rots away, make a few bucks and make some MTG fan happy.

If I had money I'd throw you an offer but i'm broke at this time.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
If I had money I'd throw you an offer but i'm broke at this time.

Probably won't be at my parents' place until the holidays so I wouldn't want to take anybody's money now anyway.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Sell! People are getting really picky about the condition on older Magic cards now.

It's amazing how the magic market has held together. There are people with considerable savings in MTG. It would bring down the entire local game store industry if it crashed.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member

Underground Sea, and I think volcanic islands are the expensive ones. They sell for stupid money. You could be looking at anywhere between 500 to 2000 dollars for 4 average condition dual lands. Depending on what they are. Condition is huge in regard to value. A average Underground Sea would sell for 400 to 500, but a really nice graded one could easily fetch a few grand.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Nice. I've only taken my kid to a prerelease and she went 0-4. Jokes on them though, she got like 3 ultra rares in her pulls.

Nice! Yea I'm just glad to see his face light up every time he plays. He's really enjoying it.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I seldom play anymore, but I like Magic: The Gathering, Duel Masters (my favorite), and Yu-Gi-Oh! I bought a used, but complete, boxed set of The Lord of the Rings collectable card game a year-or-so ago, but, never bothered to play it.

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
Does anyone peruse TCG websites? I used to really like TCG Player, but they update for squat anymore. I like MTG Goldfish the best.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Does anyone peruse TCG websites? I used to really like TCG Player, but they update for squat anymore. I like MTG Goldfish the best.

Pretty much mtg goldfish is where I always end up, especially his youtube videos. Unless im looking for what the meta is. Then I go to MTGTOP8.com

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
I'm surprised more of the old CCG's from the late 90's haven't come back under the LCG-like model. Sure some were complete duds, but there's still quite a few with decent mechanics.
Shadowrun CCG is coming back as an Expandable card game, so no random boosters.

I am back into MTG via Commander Decks and Magic Arena.... I like the casual Commander format, and just buy a few singles to mod the decks. MTG Arena is great for figuring out rules and interactions. Plus it allows decks that just wouldn't be fun on the table.

Disney just announced a new TCG - Lorcana
There's a lot of new TCG's on the scene right now, it's starting to feel like the golden age of TCG's in the late 90's. Only MTG made it out of that mess, and I suspect that will be the same for this generation. MTG, Flesh and Blood, Pokemon, Metazoo, Weiss, Sorcery.... and more are coming to Kickstarter each month.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I did end up buying a bunch of Star Wars CCG. Don't really get a chance to play it though. Kids are into Pokemon, I play that with them. It's a pretty solid game.

I've been thinking about printing up some sets of Beta to play some old school MtG kitchen table style, but it would probably end up like Star Wars where I won't have anyone to play with.

Seems unlikely that the Disney thing can make a dent in MtG or Pokemon. Does anyone play that Flesh & Blood one? Seemed like that was all the hype a year or two ago.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I’m a sucker and miss Axis and Allies miniatures. Is Heroclix the only Customizable miniatures game out there still?

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
I did end up buying a bunch of Star Wars CCG. Don't really get a chance to play it though. Kids are into Pokemon, I play that with them. It's a pretty solid game.

I've been thinking about printing up some sets of Beta to play some old school MtG kitchen table style, but it would probably end up like Star Wars where I won't have anyone to play with.

Seems unlikely that the Disney thing can make a dent in MtG or Pokemon. Does anyone play that Flesh & Blood one? Seemed like that was all the hype a year or two ago.
I have some flesh and blood. It’s a good game but I don’t know if it will last. They make blitz decks which are standalone decks for fast
Casual games. I think that is the way to go if you just want to play a game. Same for MTG. Their starter decks are good.