Boxing or MMA?

Boxing or MMA?

• Total voters

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I didn't know clubbing someone with your forearms was legal in boxing.
Totally not what happened
InbornPoorJanenschia-size_restricted.gif

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
That kid has some Serious Power.

famicommander

15 Year Member
It's a good thing for everyone else nobody ever taught Wilder to box or he'd be unstoppable. Even now I don't see anyone in the division beating him. Ortiz had the best chance and he got KO'd too.

Wilder is presently 40-0-0-0 with 39 KOs. The only fight that went to the cards was the first fight with Stiverne. Wilder broke his right hand early in the fight but still won a wide decision, then got a first round KO in the rematch.

To beat Wilder it will take a disciplined counter puncher with a tough chin and great power. Ortiz was the guy who fit the bill. Lennox Lewis or Vitali Klitschko probably would have handled Wilder, but they are both retired and old.

famicommander

15 Year Member
There's something to be said about his awkwardness, too. Maybe because he is less "refined", he ended up becoming more dangerous.

He does throw from weird angles. I was talking more about his defense and his combinations. He's mostly a 1-2 left jab-straight right puncher and his defense is just about movement; his guard isn't great and he doesn't clinch or shoulder roll.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Guy's going to break his own arm if he locks it out like that

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug
Punch KO's can be brutal, but getting kicked in the head with a shin bone is equivalent to getting hit in the head with a baseball bat.
"Right leg hospital, left leg cemetery" Mirko Crocop

qz43eu.gif

tumblr_inline_nigfjmdJMO1rql7h5.gif

mirko-crocop-knocks-out-wanderlei-silva.gif
giphy.gif

PersonalSecondAnkolewatusi-small.gif

82311317.gif

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
EDIT: funny that most respondents chose boxing over MMA. Way to go NG.com.

Probably because were a bunch of older men. I think MMA is more popular with a younger demographic. I voted boxing. Don't follow the sport as closely as I used to, but still enjoy it. I'm not really interested in MMA besides GSP and the occasional circus put on by McGregor.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Boxing.

Way better video games.
Way better movies.

Has there ever been a decent MMA game or movie?

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
MMA/UFC/whatever in general is for mongos, men with tribal tattoos who want to project a 'tough guy' image.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Boxing.

Way better video games.
Way better movies.

Has there ever been a decent MMA game or movie?

Never Back Down and Warrior.

BloodSport was technically MMA as well.

Last edited:

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Boxing is way more exciting at high levels, nothing will ever come close to the middleweight division in the 80's.

MMA is in a way better place right now, but my heart is always with boxing.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Boxing is way more exciting at high levels, nothing will ever come close to the middleweight division in the 80's.

MMA is in a way better place right now, but my heart is always with boxing.

Not really. Boxing is in the midst of a huge rebound and MMA has one star - Conor McGregor - who just got his ass kicked and then made an ass of himself (so did the guy who beat him) on their biggest show ever.

When McGregor isn't on the card, UFC buyrates are in the shitter.

And despite more mainstream news coverage, nobody in UFC except McGregor makes what middle of the road featherweight boxers make.

MMA rode a bubble to its height and is now in the midst of settling down to its true popularity level.

Last edited:

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug
I would say street fighter 2 is a pretty good MMA game. Astral bout 3, UWF, King of Colosseum 2, Fighting network Rings, there are a ton. Nes Punchout is still my favorite boxing game, though the early fight night games kicked ass too.

MMA has been dead since PRIDE died, at least to hardcore fans. UFC has been dead ever since Zuffa bought it from SEG and changed all the rules to make it ultimate wrestle fuck boxing, UFC is not really MMA anymore, it is its own thing.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Both gay.
Curling it's where's at.
At least you didn't say tennis.

edit: On a side note, I would be fascinated to see the people who voted curling onto the Olympics. Not meet them, just observe from a distance. And how did they push it through? Obscene amounts of cash? Spectacular blowjobs? Shenanigans with whatever forms that whoever had to sign, so that the signators thought they were including it only in the Special Olympics? I think the Coen Brothers could make an amazing movie about the whole conspiracy.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
When I was in Japan in february-march this year, they showed their olympic curling team on TV the whole time because apparently, they did very good. They were so proud.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
When I was in Japan in february-march this year, they showed their olympic curling team on TV the whole time because apparently, they did very good. They were so proud.

but the birds tho

lmbo going to japan twice and not coming to kowtow to LoneSage, not even once