Boxing or MMA?

Boxing or MMA?

• Total voters

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I think I'm going to be in the minority on this one.

Whilst I like MMA and it has some absolutely killer fights, I do prefer boxing. You see a street fight, the most boring part is when they roll around on the floor. And what's the worst part of boxing? It's when they hug in the middle and you wish they'd just get back to punching each other in the face. That's why boxing is better than MMA.

Now bareknuckle boxing? That could be interesting.

First poll by the way, I'll most likely fuck it up.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
eSports
Just as dumb as these two.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Boxing is way better. MMA is mostly dudes humping each other.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I think boxing requires more skill and endurance. MMA is Real Fighting though. In hand to hand combat, everything is involved, not just foot work, punching, and head movement. A MMA fighter doesn't like the way shits going up top, he can always resort to taking his opponent to the ground and destroying them, especially if he has a good wrestling, Judo, or Jiu Jitsu background.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Boxing is predetermined.
UFC is fake.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Boxing. I could see how some men really like the ground/grapple aspect of MMA though.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Boxing FTMFW!

Way too many mixed martial arts promotions, and it is difficult to keep up.

Also once they are on the mat it gets a bit boring.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
There's only one MMA promotion that matters. Ain't nobody give a shit about Bellator.

True, UFC is Pretty Much the king and will remain the king. I know Pride was big in Japan but haven't been following it.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Boxing for me, no contest. Never liked MMA as I find it too violent and ugly to watch.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
MMA has been voted the most popular sport at the Trailer Trash Olympics.

Runner-up: the 100-yard dash from an exploding, double-wide, crystal meth lab.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I think I would want to vote boxing, but I have zero faith in its legitimacy at this point.

It's funny to see so many people bashing UFC, though.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Boxing all the way.

Why?
MMA is far too unhinged for me and far too unpredictable. It's like a bunch of apes on steroids.
The amount of strategy involved is nothing like boxing where one carefully has to deal with what's thrown over the course of many rounds. Without intelligence, you're screwed in boxing. MMA not so much.

EDIT: funny that most respondents chose boxing over MMA. Way to go NG.com.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
I think I would want to vote boxing, but I have zero faith in its legitimacy at this point.

It's funny to see so many people bashing UFC, though.
All fight sports have suspect legitimacy. The difference is, all of MMA is controlled by a single carny whereas boxing has several competing carnies.

You want to talk legitimacy, let's talk about Brock Lesnar getting a UFC title shot despite the fact that his last three MMA fights were a no-contest due to steroids and two first round TKO losses. His last official win was like 9 years ago.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
MMA has turned to trash in the past few years (Endeavor, Jon Jones, Conor McGregor, Khabib, and too many steroid cheats to list).

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
I voted for Boxing. It takes more endurance, its more of a gentleman's sport. MMA is almost like doge fighting. What type of boxer do you like Boxer Puncher, Counter Puncher, Distance Fighter, Brawler, Unconventional or tactician. Mine is the Counter Puncher and Unconventional fighter.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Give me that savage punching power
giphy.gif

tenor.gif

source.gif

wilder.gif

ku-xlarge.gif