#CANCELSOUTHPARK

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I've watched some of the new episodes. So far it's like a return to old school South Park which is a good thing. Let them offend whoever they want. People need their jimmies rustled.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
#cancelthesimpsons?

I like the jab at The Simpsons and I felt South Park left it open to interpretation which is in line with how the show has approached subjects like this in the past. I'd say the whole PC Principal and Strong Woman subplot was related to it, in fact. I'd say this was the best episode so far.

Last edited:

Marek

Banned
#cancelthesimpsons?

I like the jab at The Simpsons, but South Park left it open to interpretation. I'd say this was the best episode so far.

It was kind of awkward the whole time and I knew there would be a huge punchline.

Well done, but it was pretty dry up til the end.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It was kind of awkward the whole time and I knew there would be a huge punchline.

Well done, but it was pretty dry up til the end.

I don't know. I am digging the new season. It's a lot more low key on the political commentary. This season they have gone after mass hysteria/apathy, the catholic church and child abuse, and PC babies. They are trying to be accessible to both sides.

The ending with the simpsons getting Mr. Hanky was pretty awesome. That's another show feeling the PC heat.

Marek

Banned
I don't know. I am digging the new season. It's a lot more low key on the political commentary. This season they have gone after mass hysteria/apathy, the catholic church and child abuse, and PC babies. They are trying to be accessible to both sides.

The ending with the simpsons getting Mr. Hanky was pretty awesome. That's another show feeling the PC heat.

I feel the same way. You might have read me wrong about the last episode. I think the ending punch line justified the rest of the episode big time. We all lol'd.

My neighbors and I are digging the new season's return to the roots and having weekly viewing parties after work.

I assume Garrison will make a cameo somehow this season, cant wait.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
yesterday's episode was ok

It had a few moments, but overall meh

I guess the only thing I could say about it is that it does hit close to home. Those electric scooters are all over Detroit now, but still, it was sorta weak. I got a "Purge" vibe to it. I loved Purge 1 and 2, I think there's a 3rd one, but I haven't gotten around to see it.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It will be hard to top Tegridy Farms, with Randy going to the vape shop and beating up the hipsters. It’s like if one of us goes to a game convention with an old style neo stick and attacks the current gen gamers.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
It will be hard to top Tegridy Farms, with Randy going to the vape shop and beating up the hipsters. It’s like if one of us goes to a game convention with an old style neo stick and attacks the current gen gamers.

Agreed. I think I'll rewatch that episode.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I hope taketwo paid a lot for that 20 minute advertisement.

That's how I felt about the pewdiepie episode. Never heard of the guy before that episode. Wish it could still be that way.

I never liked the original ManBearPig episode because of the way it portrayed Al Gore. It's vindicating to see Matt and Trey acknowledge they were wrong.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Me too, but i kinda doubt it.

They always do stuff like this. Remember the cartman gets a nintendo wii 2 parter? And the kenny gets a psp 2 parter?
Yeah I ‘member.

But as I find myself playing no video games, these references become more detached for me.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I miss you in hearthstone.

I only play a few games a day maybe, but still.

:*(

I would rather spend the money on good stuff. Recently bought a new home. Buying new furniture. Got a nice OLED. Saving for a Tesla.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
That's how I felt about the pewdiepie episode. Never heard of the guy before that episode. Wish it could still be that way.

I never liked the original ManBearPig episode because of the way it portrayed Al Gore. It's vindicating to see Matt and Trey acknowledge they were wrong.

Well from what I read, a lot of people feel that the past few seasons have been Matt and Trey trying to atone for the toxic environment they helped create. Personally I never felt that way about them. I feel they've given just as much of a hard time to the left as they have the right, but I can see this past episode giving legitimacy to the theory.

Last edited:

Marek

Banned
I would rather spend the money on good stuff. Recently bought a new home. Buying new furniture. Got a nice OLED. Saving for a Tesla.

Jesus charlie. Just dust 4 or 5 golden legends and make some new decks when the xpac comes out.

Buy some spec property in Alpine wy and let me manage it while you're at it... if you're gonna swing your dick around in this thread i might as well pitch that. You'll make insane money when you sell.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Well from what I read, a lot of people feel that the past few seasons have been Matt and Trey trying to atone for the toxic environment they helped create. Personally I never felt that way about them. I feel they've given just as much of a hard time to the left as they have the right, but I can see this past episode giving legitimacy to the theory.

My problem with the way they portrayed Al Gore and climate change isn't a right or left issue but an issue of science. When you attack the reality of science and the real issue of climate change, to me that was about as funny as attacking fracking or electric cars. It doesn't make sense. For the past 12 years, Al Gore has been associated with ManBearPig and that episode definitely skewed people into thinking climate change isn't a problem.

It's crazy thinking about how much power South Park has over young adults and their beliefs.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
My problem with the way they portrayed Al Gore and climate change isn't a right or left issue but an issue of science. When you attack the reality of science and the real issue of climate change, to me that was about as funny as attacking fracking or electric cars. It doesn't make sense. For the past 12 years, Al Gore has been associated with ManBearPig and that episode definitely skewed people into thinking climate change isn't a problem.

It's crazy thinking about how much power South Park has over young adults and their beliefs.

I don't know, man. I think the viewers of South Park are a lot smarter than that. I've never thought of climate change as a joke because of MBP. I just thought Al Gore was a joke because he seems all righteous and shit.