#CANCELSOUTHPARK

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
You clearly havent been watching the past few seasons

I definitely havent, and i used to be a huge South Park fan. I would catch each episode as soon as it aired. Then that changed to catching the season a few months after. Now i just dont watch it at all.

The political shit has gotten old and its just not that funny anymore. I find Rick and Morty has the spirit that South Park used to have. Just funny shit where they go on crazy adventures.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Jesus dude.

The cancel south park hashtag was trey and Matt's idea.

Theyre being so over the top offensive this go round. Its very refreshing.
You know me. I type first and then figure out what we're talking about later. Then I see if I can dig my way out without people noticing. If it always worked, it wouldn't be fun.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I don't blame them. Doing anything like that for twenty years would get old.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I think you need to remove the comma...

This was an extremely deep cut.

Like, Skull Knight cutting a tear into the fabric between dimensions sharp.

You have my respect.

Not a dig at Poppy. I just have to give gold stars when they're merited.

Marek

Banned
I definitely havent, and i used to be a huge South Park. I would catch each episode as soon as it aired. Then that changed to catching the season a few months after. Now i just dont watch it at all.

The political shit has gotten old and its just not that funny anymore. I find Rick and Morty has the spirit that South Park used to have. Just funny shit where they go on crazy adventures.

Give this new season a spin. They've gone back to their roots.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I remember seeing an interview for either the South Park Movie of Basketball where they talked in a dismissive tone about doing south park 10 years from "now".

Last edited:

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Here's an idea: Instead of wishing for people to give up their livelihood, you could just stop watching.

I don't think I've seen a single episode this century. Simpsons either, for that matter. It works.

Same here but don't buy the "it works" part since Simpsons and South Park are still being aired.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Same here but don't buy the "it works" part since Simpsons and South Park are still being aired.

The Simpsons wouldn't be on the air if it didn't sell ads, and it wouldn't sell ads if no one was watching. The people running the television networks aren't stupid - their viewers are.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I think the thing with South Park is that it is extremely cheap to produce, so it doesn't matter that it has a tenth of the viewership it had around when the movie was released, it's still profitable. So until people stop watching, or Matt and Trey decide they've had enough, it will continue. I kinda wonder if they are bound by contract unless Comedy Central cancels it.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Man these last two episodes have been ... OK.

I really didn't like the opener, because I felt the Cartman/Token subplot was out of place. I wish they had focused more on Randy and Sharon.

The priest one was a bit better, but mainly because they kept the priest character somewhat wholesome. He's been on the show forever and it would have been shame if they killed him off or corrupted him. But otherwise, I dunno, the punchlines aren't there and I think it's been iffy.

Disclaimer: I'm a huge fan and I've been watching it religiously for a very long time.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Second episode was an interesting story line, fairly well-written, and not funny at all. I'll literally never watch it again.

First episode was bad, period. Took a decent idea and made nothing out of it.

I hate how Matt and Trey (and Bill Hader and everyone else in the writers' room) just looks at current events for stories now. Sucked last year (especially last year, when every single week was about Garrison/Trump) and still sucks. I'm tired enough of that stuff in everyday life that's unavoidable.

Series needs to end. This is the last one they had a contract for, hopefully each of them can take their half-billion plus and call it good.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Man these last two episodes have been ... OK.

I really didn't like the opener, because I felt the Cartman/Token subplot was out of place. I wish they had focused more on Randy and Sharon.

The priest one was a bit better, but mainly because they kept the priest character somewhat wholesome. He's been on the show forever and it would have been shame if they killed him off or corrupted him. But otherwise, I dunno, the punchlines aren't there and I think it's been iffy.

Disclaimer: I'm a huge fan and I've been watching it religiously for a very long time.

People have been saying the same for years and it seems like the writers are hesitant to. But it’s about time the show focused on the parents. Maybe kill off Cartman.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
But it’s about time the show focused on the parents..

Randy is my favorite character on the show .. currently. I mean there was a time when he was just a normal parent, then one day they just started having fun with him. Maybe fans like the parents more now because we've grown up and the kids antics just aren't as good as they used to be? I will say, however, Butters is my second favorite character. I'm glad they dedicate a lot of screen time to him.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
66a2b2bb5dccc69e544ba3ecf5a339b9.gif

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
I have to see the second episode. I really liked episode 1, thought it was spot on.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
If you're still watching them, the blame rests 100% with you.

You seem confused. How can I watch South Park without TV service? You know that secondary and gray market sources don't count towards metrics right?

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
You seem confused. How can I watch South Park without TV service? You know that secondary and gray market sources don't count towards metrics right?

It's been on the Internet, officially, since like 1999.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I'm not talking about keeping the show alive, dumbass. I'm talking about your personal suffering. If you are watching it, that's your fault. Fucking turn off the tv or computer and go outside or something. The fuck is wrong with you?

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
There's no suffering going on here. You must be thinking of someone else.

I don't watch South Park because it got boring. I don't even have any of that show on video anymore. There isn't any re-watch value to it in my opinion.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I haven't watched this season yet, but for what it's worth, I highly recommend playing Stick of Truth and The Fractured But Whole. Plenty of classic, high quality South Park humor to be had that isn't all about politics and current events.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

I don't watch South Park because it got boring. I don't even have any of that show on video anymore. There isn't any re-watch value to it in my opinion.

So instead you post here...

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

You must be mentally retarded. If you don't still watch them, what was the purpose of responding to me the first time? I wasn't talking about you.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You must be mentally retarded. If you don't still watch them, what was the purpose of responding to me the first time? I wasn't talking about you.

welcome back, wes. many have left, but nothing has changed here.