#CANCELSOUTHPARK

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I don't know, man. I think the viewers of South Park are a lot smarter than that.

On the contrary I think the media people consume - be it movies, shows, music, video games, etc - has a huge effect and influence on people, even if they don't realize it. I know as a 4th grader I thought Barbra Streisand was a bitch simply because of the way she was portrayed in that first season episode. South Park isn't just a cartoon, it's a vehicle for spreading the views of its creators to the masses (which is fine for the most part, sure).

But maybe this is a discussion for a different thread.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Saw the latest episode. I like the breaking of the 4th wall with South Park wondering why there hasn't been a campaign to cancel them yet.

I think it was a good season, with the Tegridy Farm being my fav. 2019 is the last year of this current contract. I think if it ended next year I'd actually be fine with it. I don't want it to end, but it's been a great run.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
New episode on China about Hollywood pandering and neutering films to align with Chinese censorship. Really awesome episode, these are the only guys with the balls big enough in show biz to do something like that. IMHO it's as brave as calling out Scientology and the Mohammed episodes. Good on Comedy Central for letting this air.