Type O Negative Appreciation Thread

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
This was my first introduction to Type O, from the Mortal Kombat Soundtrack. I still think this sounds better than the original.

Whoa, thanks for posting this! I don't recall this from the movie - Blood And Fire is one of my favorite songs of theirs, lyrically. This version is fantastic!

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Finally, A reason to go to a Record Store Day event:

https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/10512

And the best part is that it has all of the tracks from the original and digipak release. Plus every track added to the "Top Shelf" edition except the original (non-satanic perspective version) of Black Sabbath.

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I’d love to be able to grab a copy there’s a couple of metal stores that may get it that I’ll have access to on RSD, might see if I can secure a copy.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Huge Type O fan. Go to the record store about once a month to see if they will ever rerelease Bloody Kisses and October Rust on regular black vinyl. It's been a depressing many years waiting.

First Type O song I remember is Christian Woman. Use to own Bloody Kisses back in the day on Cassette.

Can't really decide if I like Bloody Kisses or October Rust more. Both are great albums.

I also really like Red Water, but I'll throw an oddball out there as one of my favorites, and that is "Die with me"

On a side note: Type O is one of the biggest joke band of all time. The only one that took them seriously was their fans. I don't think most people caught on to this.

Last edited:

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
^^^This. Funniest band of all time right down to the fact that they openly robbed riffs from the Beatles and Sabbath (Pyretta Blaze). Who else would cover Day Tripper and threaten to change the lyrics to gay stripper.

World Coming Down blows my mind and all the rumours about Peter Steele not being able to revisit it only add to the intrigue. On the other hand he may well have been trolling us all big time.

Carnivore fucking rule too

First track: Everything Dies
Best track: Wolf Moon
Best album: World Coming Down

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Also on Record Store Day Black Friday is a 45 of "I don't wanna be me" with the original version on the A-Side, Trivium's cover on the B-side.

I might pick it up if it has a big hole (pretty sure that the side by side series releases do) for the jukebox.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Joke band? Nah, goth rock/metal/whatever has always incorporated morbid humor.
Could also partly come from punk sensibilities. Misfits, The Cramps, etc.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Also on Record Store Day Black Friday is a 45 of "I don't wanna be me" with the original version on the A-Side, Trivium's cover on the B-side.

I might pick it up if it has a big hole (pretty sure that the side by side series releases do) for the jukebox.

While I'm all for Type O Negative, RoadRunner is just whoring them out by shoveling this and some other previous things.

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

Yeah, I’m with you. I’ve never considered TON to be a “joke band”, and the majority of fans don’t think they are, because they aren’t. They certainly poke fun at themselves and are often tongue-in-cheek with their music (Angry Inch for example) but plenty of their music is played and appreciated very seriously. They knew how to distinguish themselves between both worlds, never poseuring.

And I’ll take the TON but not Trivium. Roadrunner has become such a sell out label. Bring back RoadRacer

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Roadrunner has become such a sell out label. Bring back RoadRacer

Or R/C?

Yes, roadrunner has sucked for a long time, but it's absurd how many albums I love that were released on that label.
it's my all time favorite label.

Roadrunner used to be cool
Earache used to be cool
Relapse used to be cool
Century Media used to be cool

and trivium sucks

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Or R/C?

Yes, roadrunner has sucked for a long time, but it's absurd how many albums I love that were released on that label.
it's my all time favorite label.

Roadrunner used to be cool
Earache used to be cool
Relapse used to be cool
Century Media used to be cool

and trivium sucks

I agree with everything you just said. And not because I think you’re a cool guy. All of that is truth.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,

I think I get it, from the perspective they didn't always take themselves seriously and there were a lot of double meanings.

OT, just put on October Rust for a couple of plays, and now putting on Bloody Kisses. There's a lot of songs to love in each, but for as bleak as it is throughout its entirety, they still don't beat World Coming Down.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I think I get it, from the perspective they didn't always take themselves seriously and there were a lot of double meanings.

OT, just put on October Rust for a couple of plays, and now putting on Bloody Kisses. There's a lot of songs to love in each, but for as bleak as it is throughout its entirety, they still don't beat World Coming Down.

World Coming Down is sensational. An earnest mature album

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Finally got around to start listening to the Bloody Kisses deluxe re-release. So far, so good.

Also, I just learned that a guy I sometimes see in the elevator on my way to work was the producer/engineer on the second Carnivore album.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I meant to post this up a while back but forgot. Pete singing on the Roadrunner United album. It's not a TON song as such, but it sure feels like one.

Line up

Peter Steele – vocals, keyboards
Steve Holt – lead, rhythm & slide guitars
Josh Silver – keyboards
Dave Pybus – bass guitar
Joey Jordison – drums

Last edited: