And eating bugs!
Spoiler:
enhance

enhance

enhance

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Snowflakes? Over here when we're not dodging hurricanes it's still summer pretty much.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
October is Pumpkin Spice season. Everything that comes in a pumpkin spice variety, I get.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
bump

everyone having a decent october

weather is fine here, but haven't played Splatterhouse or Castlevania or any games all month. Only seen one scary movie. Doing Halloween lessons for class and giving kids candy but feel burnt out. how's everyone else doing

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
I have watched the Castlevania series and played Castlevania through for the first time ever. I have also watched some horror movie last night, It was real crap so I wont bother saying any more then that....

Had the last 4 days off work for a long weekend, Yeah its been pretty good :)

Weather has turned cold though :(

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
I've been drinking good porters and stouts since everyone breaks them out for October. I just started on season 2 of Castlevania and overall it is a good improvement on season 1.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Been a good month so far...and busy. All geared up for Halloween tomorrow, been watching the Walking Dead season 8 on and off all month. I do love this time of year, Thanksgiving and Christmas is right around the corner.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I wasn't planning on doing anything for Halloween, but the head librarian needed an adult volunteer to supervise and help the younger tykes with the pumpkin carving/painting portion of last night's annual Halloween party at the local library, and, since I'm an arts & crafts kind of guy, and I had nothing better to do, I said I'd do it.

Here I am staring at a box of acrylic paint, like it has the secret of life printed on it, shortly before the guests started to arrive. The hair on the top of my head is getting even thinner than I thought . . .

pumpkin supervisor1.jpg

And here are things in full swing. A woman's head is blocking the view, but I was probably scooping pumpkin guts/seeds into a plastic bag.

pumpkin supervisor2.jpg

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Ah, need to carve me jack o'lantern for tonight as well.

Also got some treats for the kids, a fogger and a strobe... let's see if they dare to enter Tak's house of horrors, muhahahahaha
icon21.gif

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Just show'em how gaming looked on the MSX Tak, and I'll dust off my Coleco. I can imagine they'll run out screaming like hell, hehe.

Heh, I have a better idea, I put my C64 in the hall and load up Friday The 13th. If the wacky gameplay doesn't chase them away screaming for momma, the graphics and sound will. Yes, kids, this is how survival horror looked like in '85.

Friday13thtitle.gif

Well, I liked the game when it came out to be honest. It wasn't hyped with a massive ads campaign over here like in the UK, the gory advert with the bloody ice hockey goalie mask and the knife (see above, just done with a real mask, knife and movie blood) obviously was too much for gaming mags over here, we only got small versions of it. The hype took its toll when it was released, most people and reviewers didn't like it. Well, it could have been so much more and is full of bugs, most of which are quite hilarious but don't exactly help to make the game more playable.

Still, it's a game I came back to for months on end, there was something in it that sort of drew me in. Hearing the music change to Beethoven's Funeral March and seeing Jason running towards you was kinda exciting. I've completed it a few times which was difficult due to the bugs but really felt like an achievement.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Nice post. You just reminded me when I was a child around 5 I rented Friday the 13th on NES and as bad and unplayable as it was, it scared me when I got to see Jason.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
One week in November and it sure would be nice if it was still October.