Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gekirindan

B. Jenet's Firstmate

Never heard of it, but I love it! Cool rendered animation reminiscent of Blazing Star, wicked soundtrack, and gorgeous visuals.

Goal! Goal! Goal!

I play it on mame sometimes, but I haven't played it seriously - The saturn version is crazy price now so I won't be picking that up; and I remember talk that the Saturn port was pretty whack. It reminds me lots of Batsugun (but not quite as awesome). Still fun though, but I found it lacked polish.
    Also - the Taito legends version doesn't have taté baby - why no taté? So mean Taito.

How much is the Saturn version going for? I bought it for around 30 bucks in 2005.

Alfred Garcia's Butler

Saturn version with obi is about $110 now.

Alternative: The Taito Gekan version (PS2). More accurate to its arcade original since less graphical bugs (see the rotation of the O'Neill cylinder in the 1st Stage). No tate, though. Price should be less than $30 shipped.

(source: yahoo)

Host for Orochi

I've played it some on my F3 Multi, but yeah - it's definitely overshadowed by the other F3 shmups. That said, I'd rather play it than most of the mediocre danmakus that have flooded the genre in the last 10 years.

Thread Information