Gekirindan

Mai_Lover

Dodgeball Yakuza
Never heard of it, but I love it! Cool rendered animation reminiscent of Blazing Star, wicked soundtrack, and gorgeous visuals.

J-P

NEST Puppet
I play it on mame sometimes, but I haven't played it seriously - The saturn version is crazy price now so I won't be picking that up; and I remember talk that the Saturn port was pretty whack. It reminds me lots of Batsugun (but not quite as awesome). Still fun though, but I found it lacked polish.
Also - the Taito legends version doesn't have taté baby - why no taté? So mean Taito.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
How much is the Saturn version going for? I bought it for around 30 bucks in 2005.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Saturn version with obi is about $110 now.

Alternative: The Taito Gekan version (PS2). More accurate to its arcade original since less graphical bugs (see the rotation of the O'Neill cylinder in the 1st Stage). No tate, though. Price should be less than $30 shipped.

(source: yahoo)

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
I've played it some on my F3 Multi, but yeah - it's definitely overshadowed by the other F3 shmups. That said, I'd rather play it than most of the mediocre danmakus that have flooded the genre in the last 10 years.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Picked this up recently (F3) myself. Credit fed through the end to make sure the cart was in working order. Will get going on 1CC attempts in the coming weeks. I think it will be hard for me, but possible.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Picked this up recently (F3) myself. Credit fed through the end to make sure the cart was in working order. Will get going on 1CC attempts in the coming weeks. I think it will be hard for me, but possible.

Gekirindan is actually a very straightforward 1cc, you might be surprised. Get the napalm weapon (and keep it) to obliterate everything in your path.

2P side Type C also starts with higher firepower.

Don’t forget the 1up by defeating the mid boss on the final stage.

Good luck!

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
I finally got the 1CC using the 2C plane. I was a real bitch for me to do though. Everything is a bit hazy, but what I do remember:

Stage 1 - Grabbed the secret bomb.

Stage 2 - Used a bomb on phase 2 of the boss.

Stage 3 - Used a bomb on the miniboss. While I could get through this section without bombs, I started using a bomb preemptively so my runs would have a much higher chance of at least making it to stage 4.

Stage 4 - Things got hazy from here on out. I think I died once on the boss...?

Stage 5 - I didn't have napalm at the miniboss, so I used bombs to kill him and get the extra life. I definitely went into the final boss with 2 lives and maybe 1 bomb on my current life. Died once and had 1 bomb left when I beat him.

I tried 1C immediately afterwards and got a 5CC. I was surprised how many boss attacks you never see with 2C or how some easy sections become way harder. I sincerely doubt I could get a 1CC with any other plan than 2C.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Pretty Amy, did you buy Gekirindan because of this thread

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
It might have played a part in my decision. :spock:

I guess I never said it, but I like the game!

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I like it when my online threads have real world effects.