Punch Mania - Konami 573 - RTC Error - Help with replacing chip

Spicules

n00b
So I recently got a punch mania that has a RTC error and one of the motors is burned out.

From looking online, it looks like I'll need to replace
the M48T58Y-70PC1 chip (socket it upon replacement).

I also read that I can hold the test button down as the system boots up and it will write to the chip?

So I don't need to get these programmed? Or is that only with certain games?

Anyone know where to get one programmed if i DO end up needing it programmed?

tweak

n00b
Holding test initializes RTC on most 573 games - but be warned, most new old stock chips are dead on arrival these days. A lot of people have been replacing them with the non-time keeping variant, but some games (such as DanceManiax) will not boot without the timekeeper unless using hacked discs - I'm not sure if punchmania is the same but I figured it might be good to know.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Wow I basically started typing what Tweak was typing above until I realized he posted. Listen to this man, he knows 573 a lot better than most people.

Replacing the RTC is straightforward (BTW, use a socket) but I've heard that some people have ripped traces when desoldering, so be careful for that. If you don't want to DIY you can send it to www.winbigarcade.com, or swap in another GX700 main motherboard (ie out of a Fisherman's Bait) and hope its RTC is OK and will last.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member